ilesmark
ilesmark Posts: 151 Forumite
edited 12 September 2012 at 11:05AM in Techie Stuff

Comments

• almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nah. Very likely to have rubbish speakers, can't see what the remote looks like, and it's only got a Freeview SD tuner, so that 'Full HD' screen will go to waste unless you plug something else into it. But I'm a bit of a TV snob!
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not impressed by a website which asks you for your email address before it shows you anything...
  • vyle
    vyle Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've never met a cello tv that worked to an acceptable level. Steer well clear.
  • spannerzone
    Options
    John_Gray wrote: »
    I'm not impressed by a website which asks you for your email address before it shows you anything...

There's a little x on that pop up that gets rid of it and lets you view the site

As for Cello, they're a UK company that assemble LCD tv's in the UK but they're fairly budget orientated and likely to be Chinese or Turkish in origin but screwed together here.

http://www.celloelectronics.com/

They make TV's for various retailers as well, they're gonna be budget and fairly cheap so set your expectations accordingly.

Never trust information given by strangers on internet forums
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    i saw a LG LED tv in azda recently, given it is a ex demo, it was only £235.00. was this one http://direct.asda.com/LG-42LS3400-42ins-Full-HD-LED-TV/000540771,default,pd.html.

i'll admit im a nightmare when it comes to shopping for electrical items such as TV's i never pay the ticket price and will hop from one store to the next to find a manager who will discount on either a stock item or ex demo!.
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    There's a little x on that pop up that gets rid of it and lets you view the site
    Good heavens, so it does!

I must have been diverted by the people on the left...
  • spannerzone
    Options
    John_Gray wrote: »
    Good heavens, so it does!

I must have been diverted by the people on the left...

yeah I can understand that!

Don't think I'd be using this site though, gotta watch those commies, red under the bed and all that... still at least the KGB aren't just into secret stuff these days, that's progress.

:rotfl:

• grizzly1911
    Options
    Don't, didn't, M&S sell Cello?
    "If you act like an illiterate man, your learning will never stop... Being uneducated, you have no fear of the future.".....

"big business is parasitic, like a mosquito, whereas I prefer the lighter touch, like that of a butterfly. "A butterfly can suck honey from the flower without damaging it," "Arunachalam Muruganantham
  • spannerzone
    Options
    Don't, didn't, M&S sell Cello?

Yes I think they did / do and probably include a 5 year warranty as they usually do with TV's.

More on Cello partners here

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family