Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Cheesedoodles
    APCOA Rail parking notice - where do I stand?
    • 4th Sep 12, 1:19 AM
    APCOA Rail parking notice - where do I stand? 4th Sep 12 at 1:19 AM
    Where do I stand on this one?

The train station car park was full and I had to catch the train. With no time to find anywhere else I parked my car in a non-marked area within the car park. I paid my car park ticket as normal and thought it would be OK.

It was tucked away and not obstructing anything or anyone. You could get a lorry past where i parked!

I DO realize I parked in non-marked bay, but since I didn't obstruct anything I'm dubious if I'm liable to pay this charge? If I was the car park owner I would have made where I parked into a space!

It says "APCOA Civil Parking Notice" on the piece of paper. 80 charge or 50 if I pay within 14 days.

I read something that privat car park companies cannot fine me since there's no written contract. But I also read that the law might change in 2012.

Any expert on the matter which can shed some light on what I should do?

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,227Posts Today

13,044Users online

Martin's Twitter