Massive savings on Euro breakdown/repatriation

Options
It's taken me 6 weeks to get it...if you want full pan European breakdown cover and full repatriation of the car and the passengers to the UK join The German AA ! The UK AA quoted me £550 for a 5 month stay the exact comparable German figure is 99 euros !There is no age limit on the car since it is the people who are the members.Details are:

ADAC:0049 89222222.

Let the voice manager prattle on for a few minutes in German (just like they do here in English) and it will ask you to press 1,2 etc.depending on which country you are in...ein zwei drei etc.press any number ask to be spoken to in English and ask to be transferred to Membership.You will become a member the next day,and you will pay by credit card at that time.The membership package will be with you in the post in 7 days.Job done I am a happy bunny ! (You will need ADAC PARTNER PLUS PACKAGE.)

Comments

• Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    edited 16 August 2012 at 11:30AM
    Options
    Do you need to be a UK AA member as well? (Partner) or does it mean spouse/patner?

Some more info http://detailsonadacforbrits.blogspot.fr/
  • Takecareofthepennies
    Options
    Bob - the ADAC is an automobile club in its own right, so no need for an AA membership.

I know their European cover is pretty good value, but suggest you verify it would include repatriation to the UK (rather than Germany, which it is really intended for).
  • Bob_the_Saver
    edited 16 August 2012 at 11:47AM
    Options
    All my German friends put us to shame by speaking perfect English but is there an English speaking breakdown phone number?
    Looks a great deal so probably there is no replacement car in case of breakdown, just a case of 'Vee have ways of making you walk'.
    Thanks again I will be looking into this one. At present using Asda breakdown European cover, no car age limit, trips up to 6 months all the trimmings and UK cover about £140 for the year.
  • scrooze247
    Options
    No..it's nothing to do with the rip off English AA - entirely separate - though you can still use/route through the German AA if you breakdown over here !
  • Takecareofthepennies
    Options
    All my German friends put us to shame by speaking perfect English but is there an English speaking breakdown phone number?
    Looks a great deal so probably there is no replacement car in case of breakdown, just a case of 'Vee have ways of making you walk'.
    Thanks again I will be looking into this one. At present using Asda breakdown European cover, no car age limit, trips up to 6 months all the trimmings and UK cover about £140 for the year.

Think you need to work on your pronounciation as surely it should be "Vee haff vays of making you valk".

More seriously though, from memory they promise to get you to your destination if car cannot be repaired within a reasonable amount of time. I believe this does include a hire car for a limited number of days if necessary (or alternative onward transport).
  • Takecareofthepennies
    Options
    Incidentally, there is some info in English on the ADAC website:

http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/default.aspx?ComponentId=8403&SourcePageId=62927
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is this only useful for trips to Europe, or is it worth considering as for UK-based breakdown cover?
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • scrooze247
    scrooze247 Posts: 226 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yea..they will save you and your car and get you to your onwards destination in the UK - in the price.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    edited 16 August 2012 at 11:07PM
    Options
    Think you need to work on your pronounciation as surely it should be "Vee haff vays of making you valk".

More seriously though, from memory they promise to get you to your destination if car cannot be repaired within a reasonable amount of time. I believe this does include a hire car for a limited number of days if necessary (or alternative onward transport).

Sorry too many W's :p and I promise I do have many German friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure