Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    flapmio
    British Gas spam calls - 08000724699
    • 10th Aug 12, 11:50 AM
    British Gas spam calls - 08000724699 10th Aug 12 at 11:50 AM
    Hi,

I've recently left British Gas and moved to EDF's cheaper Blue Energy deal but recently I have been getting calls on my home number every day of this week from British Gas from the above number. The problem is that I am not at home, I am at work when they call. My wife takes these calls and she has told them this on every occasion and they have "promised to call me on the mobile number". Nobody has attempted to call me on my mobile number from British Gas.

I have rang the number back and followed the instructions to call the other 0800 number and left my details to "opt-out" of these calls.
    The message says that this can take upto 28 days which is not acceptable!!!!
    When I registered with British Gas (I was an online customer for their Gas & Elec and still am with their Homecare package) I remember opting out of these things to start with.
    When I try to edit my details I cannot see this option where I opted-in for these calls and there is nothing to opt-out on the website.

Is what British Gas is doing illegal as I never opted to receive these calls in the first place?

Moneysavingexpert please investigate!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

557Posts Today

8,118Users online

Martin's Twitter