bunkbedsworld worldstores False advertising?

Options
lindos90
lindos90 Posts: 3,208 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 7 August 2012 at 1:20PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Just posting this as a word of warning that hopefully might come up on a google search for other potential customers.We ordered a bunk bed from www.bunkbedsworld.co.uk

http://www.bunkbedsworld.co.uk/p/Studio_Bunk_Bed_Frame.htm hyder studio bunk bed frame

It stated that the item was in stock and available for next day or specified day of delivery.We called to confirm it was in stock and to check other details (if the futon pad was included etc). We then ordered it online, but during the order process it did not add on the £10 for delivery, or give us an option to choose a specified delivery date.

We emailed to ask why, and that we wanted delivery on 8th (day before sons birthday) we also attempted to call several times, and kept on hold. Initially we were told that it had automatically been allocated to a 'next day delivery' but when we checked for tracking information on the website it said it had not been processed. They then agreed to 'change' the delivery date to the 8th august.

Anyway, we had a call today (7th august-day before it is due to be delivered) to say that 'sadly' there is an unexpected delay, and it can not be delivered tomorrow as arranged. Shockingly the approximate delivery date is sometime on november (its august now!!!!) The caller didnt seem surprised when we asked to cancel the order:rotfl:, it looks like he probably does these kind of calls all day!

This item is still showing online as available for next day delivery, so dont be fooled by the website, and dont think by calling to double check stock that it will really be available! This company appear to rely on dropshipping, and hope that a proportion of their customers, enticed in by next day delivery possibilities, will be happy to wait weeks/months for delivery.

bunkbedsworld appears to be part of an umberella company called worldstores

http://www.worldstores.co.uk

Its possible that customers may have similar issues with any one of these 'stores' r availability of stock, so beware!

They have agreed to refund the creditcard within 2-3 working days, i will post back and confirm what happens!

Comments

• WS1TONY
    Options
    Hi lindos90, I actually work for WorldStores and came across your comments. I have looked into your order and it looks like our stock holding system had not properly connected with the supplier in question. So we genuinely did think your item was in stock, but suffered a rare IT glitch, which can happen in any company I guess. I do realise that this is no consolation to you and that we let you down on this occasion. But we do take these things seriously and we are investigating how this problem could have happened in the first place. Every company can work on improving its processes and we know we are no exception. But I just wanted to apologise to you for what happened and let you know that the issue has been taken very seriously here.
  • Tranquillity
    Options
    Argh! It's just happened to me today -I ordered a mattress, was told it was despatched and would arrive between 8 and 11, stayed in all morning and then was contacted to say it wasn't in stock!!:mad:
  • diddlysqt
    Options
    WS1TONY wrote: »
    Hi lindos90, I actually work for WorldStores and came across your comments. I have looked into your order and it looks like our stock holding system had not properly connected with the supplier in question. So we genuinely did think your item was in stock, but suffered a rare IT glitch, which can happen in any company I guess. I do realise that this is no consolation to you and that we let you down on this occasion. But we do take these things seriously and we are investigating how this problem could have happened in the first place. Every company can work on improving its processes and we know we are no exception. But I just wanted to apologise to you for what happened and let you know that the issue has been taken very seriously here.

mmm!
    I know this is a very old post...but... you may actually work for them, but a lot of people actually buy from them,and, are not happy.RARE??? seems that WorldStores have very large number of rare glitches, that they take very seriously.- they never take them seriously enough to "actually" sort or compensate though. Or am I a one off rarely encountered " all companies have them" exception?
    Your company "actually" does not seem to have any "systems" at all- other than quotable as reasons for not being able to do something useful, such as refund as quickly as you charge, or collect a damaged item and replace in same delivery. "systems" in good companies "actually" enable employees to make decisions and deliver good customer service, "systems" monitor delivery and quality from suppliers. They ensure good customer service and enable a repeat loyalcustomer base. Or have I got this all wrong??
  • XjXjXj
    Options
    I have never posted on one of these sites, however, it has come to a point where I must as we have not been refunded a cancelled order. Based on your comments, I am glad I was never delivered the bed but now really want the money back. To be fair, I had asked we never found this blog prior to ordering as we normally look for any bad write ups or warnings on companies we have never done business with...Too late he cried!!! Time-Line as follows:-

1. We order the Relyon Guest Bed from Worldstores on the 3rd of June, 2013 marked as available next day.

2. We pick up on the fact that it is not going to be delivered on the 7th of June on the on-line tracker that the item was awaiting shipping.

3. 7th of June a Priyesh from Worldstores tells us that the items are out of stock but due in on the 3rd of July. We ask things to be put on hold.

4. There is a lot of toing and froing at this point as the reason beds are ordered is that we have guests in on the weekend of the 5th of July. We reinstate the order on the 19th of June with someone called Jo.

5. Nothing. We call them and e-mail them on the 5th of July. We cancel the order on or about the 5th over the phone. I go to IKEA and pick up a couple of single mattresses for our guests kids to sleep on the floor. We are told it can take up to 15 days for refund.

6. 21st of July. Check bank accounts. No refund. I send e-mail.

7. Same day, Jo replies saying money should be in on the 24th of July and we will get an e-mail to confirm this.

8. 25th of July. No refund. We threaten with legal action and are now in the process of paying for CCJ against the company.

There is a point of "reasonableness" when a company must reply in time. Obviously, the phone is probably ringing incessantly and there are a lot of staff away because it is summer, however, it has gone beyond reasonableness now.

Don't waste your time with this company like I have. Find another supplier on-line.
  • Rockaposhi
    Rockaposhi Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 17 May 2014 at 10:22AM
    Options
    I bought something from this web site. they failed to deliver as per order and the key words they use to sell!!! The great thing about this company is not only they have covered the internet side by opening all these different web sites but have done their full home work on search engine side! this is purely work of someone who has invested money to grab internet customers and then find sources to buy from wherever they can and may be deliver as per promise(that include items description, delivery times etc). They are not real business but one which exist on internet only! You can contact their customer support but they cant do anything!!! they can take your call, listen to whatever you have to say but do nothing!! it seems their customer service has ONLY phone line where they can just pick up call after call and listen to the moaning customers!!! i call these type of business internet thieves, who are robbing people legally in a very technically sophisticated way! well done!
  • sarahkay_1983
    Options
    i was thinking of ordering from these guys but gonna stay well clear...thanks for the advice :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure