Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    pfelw
    BMW Financial Services and PPI
    • 7th Aug 12, 12:14 AM
    BMW Financial Services and PPI 7th Aug 12 at 12:14 AM
    I have put in a complaint to BMW Financial services as I was advised by the sales person that I would have a better chance of being accepted for the finance deal if I took out the PPI. I included my signed purchase agreement with my complaint which clearly outlined I had PPI.

BMW Financial Services have responded acknowledging I have PPI but state that "you may not be aware that for claims in contract, the cause of action accrues on the date of the breach of contract and a six year limitation period runs from this date. The agreement commenced in May 2003, so any alleged misselling would have taken place on or before this date, therefore the limitation has expired."

They suggest that if I want to pursue this complaint that I should contact the dealership and that I may not have the right to refer this to the Financial Ombudsman?

Has anyone else had this experience and what can you advise?

Many thanks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

557Posts Today

4,141Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On way to @GMB for my 7:40 Deals of the Week, which incl don't bin AI scene letter, Amazon voucher, free make up, free photo prints and more

• Ever watched storage hunters? Now you can do it yourself, with lost luggage auctions... http://t.co/kxINkGPQa4

• MSE Big Energy Switch III: Cheaper than the cheapest energy, save £280/yr + £30 cashback + 1,500 clubcard pts.... http://t.co/f5JfF6T9Aa

• Follow Martin