Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    BlondeHeadOn
    Pension payments, in advance or arrears?
    • 8th Jul 12, 4:35 PM
    Pension payments, in advance or arrears? 8th Jul 12 at 4:35 PM
    This seems like a daft qustion, but no-one I know seems to know the answer so I'll risk sounding daft on here...

My OH will soon be taking early retirement, but if his retirement starts on e.g. the 1st September, when does he get his first pension payment from his company pension scheme? He thinks it will follow his salary pattern and be paid in arrears (so first payment at the end of September), but to me it would be more logical if pension payments are in advance - after all, it is not a payment for work done.

Also which way does it work for private pensions?

It's relevant because I am trying to work out the budget or the first few months of his retirement.

Thanks!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,170Posts Today

7,885Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just had good chat with @amberruddhr about the CMA energy report. Nice that a Sec of State is listening.

• And that misses student loan repayments which adds 9% at £21k (for post 2012 starters, different for others) https://t.co/c541WRSj0v

• Apologies for the vulgarity but did the #Wimbledon bbc2 commentator just say "he doesn't beat himself off?"

• Follow Martin