Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Proud2bWelsh
    Santander mortgage problem
    • 25th Apr 12, 8:58 PM
    Santander mortgage problem 25th Apr 12 at 8:58 PM
    I have given up on Santander today after 4 really tough weeks, I am a current Santander customer (current acc, husbands current acc, joint savings acc, both have their c/cards with nil balance) we have a current Santander supposedly portable mortgage and were about to exchange on our new house when Santander have pulled the plug due to affordability apparently they only take half of benefits into account, so we appealed because we could still meet the affordability with our reckoning after an appeal they have still said no, as today they don't take any benefits into account! Why not tell us this before moving the goalposts? I work and can meet the affordability apart from 7 per month my husband is on DLA but they will not take this into account at all, i am approaching a new lender tomorrow but will have to pay Santander nearly 3000 in early repayment charges, I just don't understand how they could except us back in November for the same amount with the same circumstances but if we move down the road and don't change anything they have suddenly changed their criteria, surely then this isn't a portable mortgage? any advice would be greatfully received, many thanks
    Last edited by Proud2bWelsh; 25-04-2012 at 9:12 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

250Posts Today

1,152Users online

Martin's Twitter