i wanna buy from fotosense.co.uk?

has anybody used them?
They have a brilliant offer on a digital camera for my partners 21st birthday :bdaycake: .
Quick responses appreciated ;)
Thanks
embarrassed to say I used to work for barclays..sorry

Comments

• Hi there,

If it is the same fotosense.co.uk based in Bolton then they are a good company. I have bought 2 cameras from them in the past and am about to purchase another one from them. These purchases are for work.

I have also bought for my own use a digital camera and my brothers have also bought one each for themselves. My camera developed a rattle inside and when I found my reciept it was the last day the warrenty was due to run out. I took it over to the stop and they dealt with it brilliently and sent it off to be fixed.

On a personal note when I went in to pick my camera up from the shop in Bolton I recognised the guy who owns it as someone I had worked with when I was at collage (althought I did not get any futher discount - but the price was the cheapest around)

good luck in your purchase
  • cheekymole
    cheekymole Posts: 3,416
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    excellent company, bought camera x 2 and digital video camera
    I haven't got one!
  • llol_slim
    llol_slim Posts: 405
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ok for some reason the thanks button isnt working, but thanks to both, very reassuring :-)
    embarrassed to say I used to work for barclays..sorry
  • Little_John
    Little_John Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    My mate bought his Nikon D200 and a few lenses, battery grip etc from them without problems but he went to the counter as we live in Bolton.
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I purchased a camera from them 2 years ago, they did a price match, I had two faulty micro cards and each time they replaced them, in end the cards were rubbish, never buy a micro card again, and got a cf card they refunded the difference without any problems at all. I would use them again
  • before_hollywood
    before_hollywood Posts: 20,686 Forumite
    they are excellent, and i live close enough to pick the stuff up in the car- my dad found their site and we wouldn't go anywhere else
    things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then ;)
    BH is my best mate too, its ok :)

I trust BH even if he's from Manchester.. ;)

all your base are belong to us :eek:
  • dunkerz
    dunkerz Posts: 115 Forumite
    Must just be me then!

Bought a camera from them six weeks ago. It was faulty; I told them and they said send the battery back. Unconvinced that the battery was the problem, I sent it back. A new battery arrived a while later - didn't work. Sent the camera back, asking them to redeliver to my work address since nobody would be home and the 'local' City Link depot is 40 miles away. They agreed and then sent it to my home address anyway. I phoned City Link and they said they could only change the delivery address at the request of the sender. I asked fotosense to do so; they agreed. I heard nothing for over two weeks, in spite of my emailing them every few days to see what was going on. Eventually I asked for a refund. They agreed. A few days later a new camera arrived by Royal Mail! It would be easy to just take it but after all that, I don't want them to have my custom, so it's going back at their expense.

I hope your experience was far better!
    Started comping for 2012. Won: iPad 2 - thanks SueMaggie; 10,000 Tesco Clubcard Points - thanks Maybe1; HABA Terra Kids Construction Set - thanks purplevamp.:beer:
  • dunkerz
    Just a quick update: STILL no refund.

They told me, after I emailed them (again!) last week that they would process the refund that day. I am still waiting. I emailed them to ask the reason for the delay on Tuesday; they haven't replied.:mad:
    Started comping for 2012. Won: iPad 2 - thanks SueMaggie; 10,000 Tesco Clubcard Points - thanks Maybe1; HABA Terra Kids Construction Set - thanks purplevamp.:beer:
  • dunkerz
    Finally, this is over and done with.

I managed to get a full refund out of them 94! days after placing my order.

It'd be pretty safe to assume, I'll never shop with them again.
  • dunkerz it appears you are not alone. Firstly, I admit I ordered an item, a filter which was an unbelievable £30 cheaper than another major photographic e-tailer (£50 compared to £80) and I ordered it one afternoon and received it the next morning which was fantastic.

However, since I have been telling everyone what a great site it is I have been told time and again that I must have been lucky.

The out of stock issue seems to be a recurring theme, there are reviews here both good ones and bad ones. I would have been inclined to order from them again had it not been for the fact that every complaint seems to be about the same thing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure