store first

Options

Comments

• quotememiserable
    Options
    bilbo51 wrote: »
    Why would you do that?

I think it means that Taking Stock's post was reported by someone else as spam, and the mods have replaced it with that note....presumably because it was spam.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The spam post is #19 (at this point - noting it may change if enough people press the spam button on it - I have).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • taking_stock
    taking_stock Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bilbo51 wrote: »
    Why would you do that?

yes, I reported a previous post as spam - probably should've quoted it too, for clarity. it was a first-time poster purporting to be 'very happy with the service provided etc etc..'
    :beer:
  • mania112
    mania112 Posts: 1,981 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The scam is someone has planted the idea in your head that moving a final salary scheme to this plan could be a good idea.

You should not. ever.

Keep your final salary in tact. If you are genuinely interested in this investment then use some other money for it.
  • ukclare
    ukclare Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Grahamw wrote: »
    Manuman can't have his facts correct. I have investegated the Store First investment
    This is as good a property investment as there is, as anybody who has looked into properly must agree

.. really - investigated thoroughly?

Who are the directors behind the company - what does their record say about their business practices - are they really the type of people you could have faith in.

Are all of the units actually built? When I looked into this about a year ago it was claimed they were all built and being let but after making many, many calls to the area I could not track several of the units down. I know some are there but others definitely were not!

I respectfully suggest, before putting your name to the recommendation, unless you have a vested interest, you look a little more!
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 June 2013 at 11:20AM
    Options
    warning warning warning - it seems there is a lot of it about

if it really was this good and this guaranteed would they really be looking so hard for your money - what are they a charity - I think NOT

why is it that we never get told about such good investments from people who joined up more than a week ago - oh wait because they're not true and its always easy to get support when you can create another sock puppet to do your work for you
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got other people on board as well. Received a handsome commission. Everything done by an independent solicitor with due dilligence

So, despite not being regulated to give advice, you earned commission to put people you know into higher risk investment assets not protected under the financial services compensation scheme. Yet you want people to believe that you think it is a good thing.

Sorry, but that is just a joke. I feel sorry for the poor people you have hoodwinked.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • smartie_eater
    Options
    how can they give an assured return of 8% if no storage units are let. return must depend on rentals and vary according to revenue.
  • redbuzzard
    redbuzzard Posts: 718 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    manuman wrote: »
    Hi anyone heard of store first investments. I have a final salary pension of 137k and am thinking of transferring it to a sipp and invest in the store first investment plan through clp brokers. You get a guaranteed 8% in the first year then rising to 12% by year 5 and 6 and you get the first years paid to you in cash or put into your pension pot. Any body heard about this ?

137k is presumably the transfer value of your FS pension, which will be MUCH lower than the market value of the prospective benefits.

Have a look at your benefit statement and see how much you would need in your money purchase scheme to provide similar benefits.

That's leaving aside the advisability of putting everything into a single investment, and the quality or otherwise of that investment and the "guarantees".
    "Things are never so bad they can't be made worse" - Humphrey Bogart
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 June 2013 at 9:04PM
    Options
    This is a lot more risky than student flats and with a higher entry level. It's not an FSCS protected and FCA regulated investment, while there is at least some consumer protection for funds that invest in student property, and a fair range of options to use so you can diversify managers as well.

You can only sell it back if they are still trading and they won't be if they have run out of buyers before then. All a medium term business needs to do is get profits, withdraw the money, then cease trading later, losing the long term obligations and guarantees that long term would make it unprofitable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure