Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • dilus
    • 3rd Mar 12, 8:53 PM
    • 3rd Mar 12, 8:53 PM
    hi
    just wondering if anyone would know and help me please. we had a joint loan with A and L about 5 years ago for around 20,000, i need to check if we had ppi on this, i forwarded a letter to the archive dept who replied saying they can't find any details! i am at a loss now as to what to do
    help would be very much appreciated
    thanks
    Originally posted by juleeeh
    Hi juleeeh, Three options you could try
    1) If you do online banking you could try getting any information this way (previous statements etc)
    2) SAR them, they would have 40 days to supply you with all they hold on record for you, you have to pay a one off fee of 10 and because of this they have to look maybe a bit harder than they did by just asking first time around. This is not guaranteed to shed any light on the loan in question, but might. If it does it may still be difficult to say for certain that you were paying PPI as it could have been an upfront payment (added on at the beginning) but you might be able to tell by the total amount payable for the loan taking into account the APR rate at the time and the loan term
    3) If you have the loan account number, just send in a questionnaire and see what response you get
    Successes
    Sainsbury's/BOS 6,400 Paid
    MBNA 3,600 Paid
  • juleeeh
    • 3rd Mar 12, 10:39 PM
    • 3rd Mar 12, 10:39 PM
    hey thanks for that, you have been a great help, will try my best on this one
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,215Posts Today

7,168Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Apologies for the vulgarity but did the #Wimbledon bbc2 commentator just say "he doesn't beat himself off?"

• Eeek did we forget to pay the meter? No power in MSE Towers - no phones - (appartently power down in whole central london)

• Warning! Did you start Uni in or after 2012? If so govt mooting making your loans more costly. See http://t.co/oF99EWBpIZ RT to spread word

• Follow Martin