Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Bella_b
    Jobcentre plus travel discount card
    • 28th Feb 12, 11:27 AM
    Jobcentre plus travel discount card 28th Feb 12 at 11:27 AM
    Has anyone managed to get a Jobcentre plus travel discount card?

It is a scheme run in partnership with jobcentre plus and transport for London.

Find out more here http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14423.aspx

I've tried to apply for this card and it is seemingly impossible. I am not in London but this is a national scheme. You can get discount on national rail travel outside of London and get discounted rates on the underground. You pay child fares instead of adult. You have to have been unemployed for 6 months or more.

I've asked about this in my jobcentre and they are clueless about it. They've never heard about. I was told that I should make an appointment to talk about it. I made one and a few days later I was phoned up and was told that the appointment had been cancelled!

I phoned them up and asked to speak to someone about it, they said they'd have to ask someone and get back to me.

They told me that because i'm on the work programme they don't deal with me anymore.. really? so i am dead to them? I don't exist! People who have been unemployed for over a year are still unemployed!! I still need this card as I am looking for jobs in London even though I don't live there!

I told them that I'd spoken to my advisor on the WP before and she had never heard about it and to ask at the job centre! That is what I have done and people don't know about it.

So since writing this post the jobcentre have finally rung me back.. they have said that no-one has asked for this procedure before and they would need to get new stationary in for it and everything! Seriously? People are missing out!

You entitled to this! I was told that the person I was speaking would have to speak to her manager and get back to me again.

I just keep going round in circles. I need this card, travel in London is expensive. It states nowhere on the site that it is just for London and from the criteria I am eligible.
    They drive me mad down at the jobcentre.

Has anyone got one of these cards? Was it hard for you to get?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

146Posts Today

2,196Users online

Martin's Twitter