Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Angel_Rachie
    How many hours pw can you work on ESA?
    • 19th Feb 12, 1:24 PM
    How many hours pw can you work on ESA? 19th Feb 12 at 1:24 PM
    I need some advice, I am off work on long-term sick atm and my contract ends 3rd March. I am thinking of claiming ESA then but concerned I wont be able to live off the 53.45 pw (Im under 25).

After reading the goverments website I wonder if I will be permitted to do some work from home or a small job a few hours a week.

The website http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Illorinjured/DG_171909
    says:
    The Permitted Work rules

Under the Permitted Work rules you can:
    • work for less than 16 hours a week on average, with earnings up to 97.50 a week for 52 weeks
    • work for less than 16 hours a week, on average, with earnings up to 97.50 a week if you are in the Support Group of the main phase of Employment and Support Allowance
    • work and earn up to 20 a week, at any time, for as long as you are receiving Employment and Support Allowance
    • do Supported Permitted Work and earn up to 97.50 a week for as long as you are receiving Employment and Support Allowance, provided you continue to satisfy the Supported Permitted Work criteria
    When I was on Job Seekers in Sept I got 80 pw due to having a disability. I just doesnt seem fair that I should now be on a lower income because I am ill.
    No More Buying Books: read 0/25; Bought: 0
    May Make 5 a Day Challenge 003.21/150.00
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

248Posts Today

988Users online

Martin's Twitter