Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    unhappybankcharge
    santander 25 charge ripoff
    • 17th Feb 12, 9:19 PM
    santander 25 charge ripoff 17th Feb 12 at 9:19 PM
    Hi peeps
    My mother has a basic bank account with santander ,and she uses it for paypal/ebay to sell bits and bobs in her spaire time

She owed paypal 18 fees which she normally pays from straight from her paypal account but all the money she had in there was on hold till the items she sold had ,had feedback left for them,So paypal tried to take it out of her basic santander account .

Which was empty as she only hardly uses her santander account as her debit card is not a visa debit.Today she checked her online banking to find santander had taken 25 from her account because paypal tried to take 18 even though she has a basic account with no overdraft and paypal never took a penny from her account.

My mother is recovering from a serious brain injury which happened last year and santander staff were being rude to her as she struggles to speak and think fast and would not talk to me for secruity reason (what a joke)

I would like to know can she/me file a complaint as we struggle for money as it is and this charge is unfair as she never went overdrawn and dosent even have a overdraft thanks for any help
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

242Posts Today

1,170Users online

Martin's Twitter