Blair Oliver Scott standing orders returned?

Options
I have been paying Blair, Oliver, Scott by standing order for a few years now. Today I have received notification that my payments this month have been returned "invalid detail". I have also received a letter from them saying they have not received payment - although the payment was attempted and returned on the 3rd January, the letter was dated 30th december? My payments are always made on the 1st of the month (or the nearest working day)

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems paying them this month? Just not sure if it is a ploy to get me to phone them :/

Thanks

Comments

• nottoolate
    nottoolate Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Options
    bos do this deliberately from time to time to shake people up
  • DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Options
    Write and tell them what has happened and request the details which need to be provided. Keep a copy of your letter. My guess is it is a ploy firstly to get you to phone them and secondly to get you to make a card payment or go on Direct Debit.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • shinyhead
    shinyhead Posts: 422 Forumite
    Options
    Write and tell them what has happened and request the details which need to be provided. Keep a copy of your letter. My guess is it is a ploy firstly to get you to phone them and secondly to get you to make a card payment or go on Direct Debit.

Agree with DVS on this one. It's probably an attempt by Bunch Of Scum to get you to phone them. Whatever you do don't. Just write a letter as above. Don't offer a card payment or DD as you can then lose control of how much they take.
  • caleo
    caleo Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all - I expected as much. Will keep all the evidence, would it be worth sending a cheque to them with the letter asking for payment details? I just don't want to get behind with payments so they can say I haven't stuck to my agreement :(
  • DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Options
    caleo wrote: »
    Thanks all - I expected as much. Will keep all the evidence, would it be worth sending a cheque to them with the letter asking for payment details? I just don't want to get behind with payments so they can say I haven't stuck to my agreement :(
    Yes and mention the cheque in your letter.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Vikipollard
    Options
    Be sure to send the letter Special/Recorded delivery too, so they can't claim they never received it.
    LBM July 2006. Debt free 01 Sept 12 .. :T
    Finally joined Slimming World: weight loss 33lbs...target achieved 51wks later 06.05.13 & still there :j
    Aim to be mortgage free in 2022. Jan 17 33250 Nov 17 27066 Mar 18 24498 Sep 18 20608 Nov 18 19250 Jan 19 17980 Mar 19 16455 May 19 15024 Nov 19 10488 Feb 20 8150 May 20 5783 Aug 20. 3305 Nov 20 859 Mortgage free, 02.12.2020
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The same thing happened to me, the payment went out of my bank (co-op) on the 3rd and bounced back in later the same day. December's payment didn't get collected at all. I rang them up to double check their account details - which I knew were correct because I've been paying by SO for ages, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I made a debit card payment (they didn't ask, I offered) and will carry on paying this way, I've cancelled the SO.

I've had hassle from two other debt collection agencies but never from Blair, Oliver & Scott. They happily reduced our payments when our income went down, no demanding to see an SOA or anything.
    Bulletproof
  • nottoolate
    nottoolate Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Options
    tru wrote: »
    I made a debit card payment (they didn't ask, I offered) and will carry on paying this way, I've cancelled the SO.

bad bad idea to give them card details

check your accounts to make sure they dont take more payments.
  • chesky369
    chesky369 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    Options
    Get a new debit card from your bank.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A couple of years ago, OH's wages changed from being paid on the 20th of each month to the 1st. All DDs and SOs came out on the 25th. I rang everyone and explained, told BO&S I'd cancelled the SO and I'd pay by debit card as soon as the wages went in. I rang to make a payment, they took one payment and they never used the card details again.

I'm not advising anything, just saying they've always been fair with us.
    Bulletproof
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport