New Welcome Finance PPI claim

Options
Hi all and i must say thank you to all you guys posting on this site with regard to Welcome Finance and PPI claims.... When doing my christmas clean I came across some old Welcome Finance agreements with PPI applied to them... After reading these threads I was educated over night that I may be in the position to re-claim some of these, so with the information and contact numbers given on this site I called Welcome today (not mentioning that i had 2 agreements in hand) and after trying to remember all my old post codes of previous address's for indentification purposes!! I was informed that I had infact taken out 4 loans with themselves, 2 of which would be dealt with in conjuction with the FSCS and the others to be investigated by themselves / others.. The guy i spoke to was extremely helpful and he suggested that my claim form may have been sent to a previous address, so i've been advised to send a utility bill with a covering letter to confirm my new address so they can forward the form to get the ball rolling. Hopefully I may get the same success as some of the people on this site but I just thought i'd share this information incase any other members stumble across this thread also!!

Im not sure how the pre Jan 2005 claim will go but whilst diving "that drawer" in the envelope containing the agreement in 2004 was the Welcome Finance orginal payment protection leaflet which on the back lists all the different insurers details for all the relevant products incorporated into their loans, which may also be of use to the users on this site (an possibly myself) with the pre 2005 claims as i see that some users here are writing to the insurers direct.

I dont quite understand it all yet with regard to the pre 2005 stuff and how it works with the FSCS as im not the brightest light on the tree lol If this information on thi leaflet is on use i can write the whole lot out for you guys.

Thanks again for the great posts

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    That would be great,it will certainly save people a lot of time.
  • Squiller13
    Options
    Welcome PPI leaflet - Insurer Details
    • This is a summary of the cover provided by your welcome finance payment protection insurance. You should read it carefully before you sign your finance agreement. If you requiremore information regarding the full terms and conditions a specimen copy of the policy wording is available on request. You will recieve a full copy of the terms and conditions when cover is accepted by the insurers.
    • This insurance has been arranged by Welcome Financial Services as an agent for the insurers and agree to comply with the ABI General Business Code of Practice. this policy was administered by Direct Group Limited which has its head office at Direct House, White Rose Way, Doncaster DN4 5NU. There is a choice of law applicable to this cover, but unless Welcome Financial Services and Norwich Union Insurance Limited agree otherwise the law for that part of the UK in which you live will apply.
    • Life cover is underwritten by Norwich Union Life & Pensions, Registered in England No. 3253947, Registered Office: 2 Rougler Street, York, YO90 1UU, Accident, Sickness and unemployment cover is underwritten by Norwich Union Insurance Limited. Registered in England No. 99122 Registered Office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, NR1 3NG. Both companies are members of the Aviva group
    • Both Norwich Union Insurance Limited and Direct Group Limited are members of the General Insurance Standards Council (GISC) and have undeertaken to comply with General Insurance Code set out by GISC which applied to the cover offered in respect of the accident, sickness and unemployment cover. a copy of the code is available on request from any member or from the GISC at (cant post web addres as new user!!)
    • Information you supply may be used for the purposes of insurance administration by the insurer, its associated companies and agents, and Direct Group Limited. It may also be disclosed to regulatory bodies for the purpose of monitoring and/or enforcing the insurer's compliance with any regulatory rules/colde. Your information may also be used for research and statistical purposes and crime provention. It may be transferred to any country, including coutried outside the European Economic Area for any of these purposes and for system administration.
    With limited exceptoin, and on payment of the appropriate fee, you have the right to access and if necessary rectify information help about you.

In order to asses the terms of the insurance contract or administer or administer claims which arise, the insurer may need to collect date which the Data Protection Act defines as sensative (such as medical history or criminal convictions) By procedding with this insurance you signify your consent to such information being processed by the insurer or its agents.

The leaflet the dictates the Exclusions and Limitations et....

This maybe of some use or not but i had it so thought i'd share :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure