Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Energy > Eon, can I get my money back? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Eon, can I get my money back?
Closed Thread
Views: 1,127
# 1
retired2011
Old 29-12-2011, 1:48 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Eon, can I get my money back?

Because of the warm weather I used 2000 kWh of gas less this quarter than last year and also because I a got a £120 warm assist payment, when I got my latest bill I am £250 in credit.

If I use the same amount of gas and electricity for the next 3 months, in April I will be £235 in credit.

If I use what I used last year, from Dec 27 to March 27, I will have a credit of £175.

Last Sept - Dec 7200 kWh gas, this year same time 5200 kWh £235 credit

Last Dec - March 7400 kWh gas, estimate this year 5500 kWh gas £235 credit, if I use 7400 kWh of gas my credit will be £175.

So for the Eon rep, if I phone up will I get any credit back or a reduction in my DD of £86 per month?
# 2
jalexa
Old 29-12-2011, 1:59 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired2011 View Post
if I phone up will I get any credit back or a reduction in my DD of £86 per month?
The relevant regulation says this...

27.16 Where any Credit has accumulated under a Domestic Supply Contract and the relevant Domestic Customer requests that the licensee do so, the licensee must, save where it is fair and reasonable in all the circumstances for the licensee not to do so, refund, in a timely manner, any Credit which has accumulated under that Domestic Supply Contract to the relevant Domestic Customer. Where the licensee considers that it is fair and reasonable in all the circumstances for it not to refund any Credit which has accumulated under a Domestic Supply Contract in accordance with this provision, it must inform the relevant Domestic Customer of its view and of the reasons for holding that view.

So go ask and hold Eon to their answer against the Regulation, if necessary using their complaints procedure.
# 3
E.ON Company Rep Julez
Old 30-12-2011, 2:27 PM
Has MSE’s permission to post for company
MoneySaving Convert

Hi retired2011

It’s great to hear that your account’s in such a good position as we enter the New Year.

We’ll be happy to review your payments for you. We’d expect you to have some credit on your account to see you through the remainder of winter. Based on your calculations, it does seem that there’s some room for manoeuvre here.

It’s definitely worth giving us a call to ask us to review your Direct Debit. We’ll let you know how much we’re forecasting you’ll use until your Spring review and how much you’d need to pay if we were to refund some or all of your credit.

We can also look at lowering your payments for the next few months instead, whichever you prefer. If you leave things as they are for now, then you’ll automatically get a full refund of any remaining credit in spring as we’ll start the year again at zero.

If you’d like us to look at it before then either give us a call or you can email me direct using the address on my profile and I’ll look at it for you.

Our call centre’s are open all day today and Monday, until 2pm tomorrow and we’re all back to normal from Tuesday.

Hope this helps a little, and Happy New Year to you

Amanda
Official Company Representative
I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Closed Thread