Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Veryannoyed
    Putting home into family trust to avoid nursing home fees
    • 15th Dec 11, 9:23 AM
    Putting home into family trust to avoid nursing home fees 15th Dec 11 at 9:23 AM
    I'm afraid I'm not prepared to lose my only asset, my home, to pay nursing home fees so I'm considering putting it into a family trust with my children as the beneficiaries.

Does anyone have experience of this and the pitfalls?

We're already likely to lose my mother's home for this reason (her fees are 46,000 a year) and if there is a legal way of making sure our children inherit all we have worked so hard for over the years then we will take it.

The PCT / social services have been entirely ruthless in the way they have dealt with the family over my mother's case and although we did achieve full funding for her for a while it was quickly removed.

I'm going to be equally ruthless in preventing them from getting their hands on my hard earned cash.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,258Posts Today

7,441Users online

Martin's Twitter