PIXIFOTO Scams!!

Options
I was in Morrisons on the Isle of Wight and was asked if I'd like to sign up for a competition, which I did. I have been wanting a portrait of my daughter for a while for my partner, on a canvas. I received a call about a week later saying I had won a runner up prize which they said included....

1) A half price sitting £4.99
2) A £10 gift voucher
3) A complimentary photo
4) 65% off all prints if ordered on the day

I accepted the offer, took my daughter in for her shoot and paid the £4.99 up front. There was no price list at all anywhere to see and compare prices. Not even on their website. The total for the photos was £1,200+ then taking 65% off it came down to £800+ and then came down to £400+ and eventually settled on £250.

What I didnt realise is that the only "bonus" I received was the £10 voucher as I everything else applies to everyone else too!!!!

I feel cheated. On their website you can download a half price sitting voucher and a free complimentary photo. A runner up prize is what they stated as all the above, not just a £10 voucher or I would not of had it done with them!! They dont tell you prices, or have price lists apparently every photo (depending on size) is £30+ each etc...very confused. And you cant just buy the disc of pictures you have to spend £100 to get the disc for £100, or spend £200 and get the disc for £50, and you only get the pictures you buy on the disc.

I don't think its right that they contacted me saying that I had won a runner up prize of all the above but it applies to everyone else. Can they do this??

Comments

• mo786uk
    mo786uk Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Options
    youve beenhad - report to trading standards but unlikely to get your money back as you willingly paid (i presume)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure