Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    kittenofdoom
    Littlewoods - any advice appreciated
    • 1st Nov 11, 10:37 AM
    Littlewoods - any advice appreciated 1st Nov 11 at 10:37 AM
    My husband has an account with Littlewoods. We've had minor problems with them in the past but these have been easily sorted. Today however, FUMING.

Last Wednesday 26/10/2011, I attempted to pay my husbands balance on my card (different name, same address) and was told it would not go through. The advisor attempted twice with the same result.

About twenty minutes later, 140 is missing from my account

I go to my bank, Barclays, who tell me that the two payments of identical amounts are pending with LITTLEWOODS.

So I wait for a few days, after being told by Littlewoods that we can regain the payment.

Nothing happens. The 140 is still not registering with Littlewoods, or my bank.

This morning, we have rung Littlewoods to ask what is going on. They have told us to ring the bank, blaming them squarely but saying we can get a reference number to register it as a missing payment and not be charged the 12 penalty fee. The payment is now five days late.

Barclays have told me that they will put the money back into my account at midnight, providing Littlewoods will give me an email saying they will not claim it again (for my own protection on my account).

Littlewoods again. The customer services put us through to debt collection, who put us through to missing payments, who say they don't have the facility to send emails (WTF???) and it's our banks fault. I reply it is not my banks fault, they have been incredibly helpful and have tried to resolve the issue. Littlewoods claim we just have to wait and see if the money comes back. 140. Not a small amount in this economy, in fact, a WEEK'S wages for myself. Also, they're still going to charge us missing payment fees and amend my husbands credit file.

Before I was fuming, now I'm absolutely enraged.

The woman shouts at me to calm down, "she" does not appreciate the language. I say I will be making a complaint, can she put me through to the complaints department.

"We don't have that facility"

AGAIN. WTF??? Is this a company run by toddlers????

Really not impressed, she then curtly informs me again that my husbands credit will be affected, payments are overdue and then HANGS UP. I'm disgusted.

I cannot find a number for a complaints department, am now 140 out of pocket which is floating around in the ether and am tempted to drive to to Littlewood's HR and pelt them with things.

Any advice??
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

265Posts Today

1,151Users online

Martin's Twitter