Tesco Fuel Voucher & Andrex toilet rolls - vent

Options
Beware, this offer is extremely misleading on the shelf labels. It announces in very large print: "5p a litre off fuel voucher when you buy".
In extremely small print in the top corner of the label it states that 2 packs must be purchased. However, when the shelf label is at floor label, as it it was in my local store this morning, there is little chance of spotting the small print.

The large print ought to say "when you buy 2"

I have emailed Tesco customer services to complain and am awaiting their response, but I feel it is an extremely poor example for a major retailer to set.

Comments

• texranger
    texranger Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2011 at 11:04PM
    Options
    as long as the label states that 2 packs must be purchased no matter how small it is written then they have done nothing wrong so how can it be misleading when it actually tells you what you need to claim the offer.
  • trinity_enigma
    Options
    I managed to notice that you have to buy two packs, unfortunately I didn't manage to notice that OH only picked up one!
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    These offers never save you much money, if any!

The Andrex toilet roll is £4.39 for 9 rolls, so two packs will cost you £8.78.

The Cushelle toilet roll (just as nice) is £3.50 for 9, so two packs will cost you £7.

You are paying £1.78 extra for the toilet roll, so if you're saving 5p a litre on petrol, you'd have to put AT LEAST 36 litres of petrol into your car just to break even.

My KA only has a 35 litre tank I think!!!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Beware, this offer is extremely misleading on the shelf labels. It announces in very large print: "5p a litre off fuel voucher when you buy".
    In extremely small print in the top corner of the label it states that 2 packs must be purchased.

Not misleading in my store. The size of print was near identical.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 October 2011 at 7:39PM
    Options
    Well its not misleading for me as the advetisign i see says "when you buy 2", its obviously where the item is located in your store OP.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Options
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    These offers never save you much money, if any!

The Andrex toilet roll is £4.39 for 9 rolls, so two packs will cost you £8.78.

The Cushelle toilet roll (just as nice) is £3.50 for 9, so two packs will cost you £7.

You are paying £1.78 extra for the toilet roll, so if you're saving 5p a litre on petrol, you'd have to put AT LEAST 36 litres of petrol into your car just to break even.

My KA only has a 35 litre tank I think!!!

Lidl currently have 24 Cushelle rolls for £4.99 if you spend £30 instore
  • eyelinerprincess
    Options
    So it's misleading because you can't be bothered to read the whole of the shelf edge label?
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Options
    So it's misleading because you can't be bothered to read the whole of the shelf edge label?

to be fair the sel/item is on the bottom shelf and maybe the OP cant get that low
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure