Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    pegginout
    Credit card fraud used online...any advice?
    • 22nd Oct 11, 7:08 PM
    Credit card fraud used online...any advice? 22nd Oct 11 at 7:08 PM
    My bank has just rang asking if I have just bought 880 worth of chavvy jewellery online!
    It would seem my card has been used fraudulently. In total they have used it to top up a mobile at o2, a few 192 transactions, 300 Travelodge and 880 of bling!
    Luckily the CC company (asda/santander) rang and are now investigating.

I use avg for years, but have just bought a new laptop a few months ago so have updated that to the paid version of avg.
    We also use something called sandboxie, that was recommended to us when surfing.

I always check if websites I use are https.

I shred everything with my name/address/details on.

I never let my card leave my sight in shops.

We have changed passwords for online banking and that cc has now been suspended

I just cannot for the life of me figure out where they got my info from, is there any way I can find out?
    Martin Lewis Rocks!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,296Posts Today

8,343Users online

Martin's Twitter