Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • tanith
    • By tanith 13th Oct 11, 7:05 PM
    • 7,937 Posts
    • 8,505 Thanks
    tanith
    • 13th Oct 11, 7:05 PM
    • 13th Oct 11, 7:05 PM
    Is this any help http://www.nationwide.co.uk/search/DisplayArticle.aspx?article=1206
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • InNeedofHelp
    • 13th Oct 11, 9:33 PM
    • 13th Oct 11, 9:33 PM
    I'm not sure actually.

The question before this asked for sort code & account number.

I assumed roll number or reference number would be different, as if it is also a sort code & account number, that means that they've asked the exact same question 1 after another on the benefit form.
    • Chadsman
    • By Chadsman 13th Oct 11, 9:51 PM
    • 1,008 Posts
    • 353 Thanks
    Chadsman
    • 13th Oct 11, 9:51 PM
    • 13th Oct 11, 9:51 PM
    If your mum has a Flexaccount then you dont use the roll number. I 'think' that is also the case for 'most' NW accounts which are usually quoted with an account number and sort code. As I understand it a roll number is generally used by the smaller Building Societies who ask you to pay funds to their own bank account number at a clearing bank quoting the roll number (your BSoc account number) as a reference.
    God save the Queen!
    I'll save Elizabeth Fry, Charles Darwin, Adam Smith, Matthew Boulton and James Watt.
    • tanith
    • By tanith 13th Oct 11, 9:53 PM
    • 7,937 Posts
    • 8,505 Thanks
    tanith
    • 13th Oct 11, 9:53 PM
    • 13th Oct 11, 9:53 PM
    Maybe they are also finding out which type of acc your Mum has as if it were a mortgage acc it would have a roll no so if the roll/reference no is the same as acc no then it can't be a mortgage acc.. best thing is ring them up and ask i'm sure they'll be helpful
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
    • simax
    • By simax 14th Oct 11, 12:36 AM
    • 1,754 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    simax
    • 14th Oct 11, 12:36 AM
    • 14th Oct 11, 12:36 AM
    I can answer this. As Nationwide Building Society has it's own clearing centre, it does not require roll numbers. Just the sort code and account number will suffice.
    I say it as it is - you may not like that but what would you prefer? A string of false platitudes that are no help whatsoever just to make you feel better? If my advice has helped, please press the Thanks button over here ----------------V. Cheers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,520Posts Today

7,228Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • M'weekly email: Brexit Q&A, 0.99% mortgage, Apple camp, BritGas cust £300off, free Windows10,Sky 45%off, free cinema https://t.co/bS4J70zc35

• Sometimes just pressing 'Block' is very cathartic!

• Sheesh... now I'm being attacked for a post asking about how bad AIRPORT exchange rates are as if it were some Brexit point!

• Follow Martin