Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    gck303
    Declaration of Trust
    • 13th Jan 07, 12:50 PM
    Declaration of Trust 13th Jan 07 at 12:50 PM
    Hi,

I wonder if anyone is able to help with this. My girlfriend and I are just about to complete on the purchase of our first house together. The house has been bought in both our names, but the shares of ownership are not equal (75:25).

Our solicitor has just told us that we will need to pay 250 to have a "declaration of trust" drawn up on this since we'll own unequal shares of the property.

Everything that I've read says that we do need to have a declaration of trust but I was wondering if it's possible to save the 250 and do one ourselves - does anyone know if you can get something similar to the 'write your own will' kits in order to do this? Or do we need to pay the 250?

Thanks - any advice much appreciated!

George
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,812Posts Today

8,660Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On train home from Birmingham. Had dinner by the canal there this evening. Lovely area, very sunny and picturesque.

• Fantastic run by new UK star Zharnell Hughes in @BritAthletics #BritishChamps 200m.I was v proud to present the medal http://t.co/sSSXpM1SBZ

• Ok a wee bit chuffed. Just been asked if I'd like to present a medal at #Britishchamps, someone is now missing a hand as I bit it off!

• Follow Martin