Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    tuna_salmon
    Moderate-High Risk of Natural Ground Subsidence
    • 12th Sep 11, 8:58 PM
    Moderate-High Risk of Natural Ground Subsidence 12th Sep 11 at 8:58 PM
    Hi,

I tried searching for similar issues on subsidence but can't find any (probably used the wrong keywords). Anyway, I am in the process of buying a house and I asked for an environmental search. The search report (from GroundSure) came back stating that there is a moderate-high risk of natural ground subsidence.

I have checked the house and found no obvious cracks. I also had a Homebuyer Report done and the survey found no signs of subsidence. I have asked people who live around the area and no one knew of any subsidence issue within their neighbourhood.

This has given quite a bit of stress as my wife and I do like the house and it took us a while to find this house. I am not sure whether to walk away from the deal (after having spent the money on survey and searches) or to spend more money on a full structural survey. Also I am not sure how this will affect my home insurance policy. Anyone faced similar issue? How did you solve it (apart from walking away from the deal)?

Thanks.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

217Posts Today

1,139Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin