Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 1
  • CFC
    • 11th Jan 07, 1:33 AM
    • 11th Jan 07, 1:33 AM
    Kenwood Chef - General

Do I need a food processor as well as a Kenwood Chef?

Thinking about buying a breadmaker? Mine makes sausages (Kenwood Chef versatility)

Kitchen aids

Kenwood Chef help needed

What should a Kenwood Chef sound like?

Smoking Kenwood Chef!

Kenwood Chef (smoking)

Dead Smoking Kenwood Chef

A couple of Kenwood Chef questions (Swapping between bowls)

What are your top three peices of equipment you couldn't live without for OS?

Kenwood chef A701 making noise!

Kenwood Chef (making noises and smell)

Making bread in the Kenwood Chef?

Food Mixer (how much do you use it)

Food Processor dilema!
    Last edited by CFC; 30-07-2007 at 2:37 AM.
  • CFC
    • 18th Jan 07, 11:21 PM
    • 18th Jan 07, 11:21 PM
    Kenwood Chef - Model Identification/Buying

Kenwood Chef - how do I find which model I have?

Please help me identify what model this Kenwood chef is...

Kenwood Chef, old or new? (purchase an old model or buy a new model)

Kenwood Chef Advice (Buying old one)

Old Kenwood Chef £55 - is it good value? Advice appreciated

Kenwood mixer to buy or or not to buy???

Kenwood Chef - Prices and vs Kitchenaid

Help pls with different kenwood chef models

Kitchenaid lookalike

Kenwood Chef mega bargain! (Price of Kenwood)
    Last edited by CFC; 24-01-2007 at 11:53 PM.
  • CFC
    • 24th Jan 07, 11:52 PM
    • 24th Jan 07, 11:52 PM
    Kenwood Chef Attachments

Kenwood high speed slicer attachment

Kenwood Mincer Attachment

Kenwood Grain Mill. Is it any use?

Kenwood Chef Attachment Questions

Need serious Kenwood advice (attachments question)

Kenwood Chef sausage maker attachment

Kenwood Chef- which attachments?

Did they ever make pasta attachments for the Kenwood Chef 701?

Kenwood Chef...liquidizer attachment?

Help with Kenwood Chef. Am i Doing Something Wrong? (Inserting beaters/whisk problem)

Is it true that Kitchenaid attachments will fit a Kenwood Chef?

Kenwood Chef KM300 (slicer and grater attachments)

Kenwood Chef Colander and Sieve

Please help with Kenwood Chef mincer (Jamming mincer)

Alternative uses for Kenwood Chef bean huller/pea slicer?

Problem with fixing attachments on

Kenwood Chef attachment question
    Last edited by CFC; 22-05-2007 at 12:11 AM.
  • CFC
    • 4th Feb 07, 3:49 PM
    • 4th Feb 07, 3:49 PM
    Kenwood Chef Recipes
    Wanted - Help and Advice (interesting recipes for Chef)

Making my own butter (including method with a Chef)

Recipes that made me pack away my breadmaker (Recipes use Chef to knead)

What shall I make with my Kenwood Chef?

What do you use your Kenwood/Kitchenaid for?

Can a Kenwood Chef make egg noodles?

Help! Making Cake In New Mixer.

Making bread in the Kenwood Chef?

Kenwood Mixer Ice Cream

More - what do you use your Chef for?
    Last edited by CFC; 02-05-2007 at 2:14 AM.
    • AlisonW
    • By AlisonW 15th Mar 11, 11:15 AM
    • 537 Posts
    • 249 Thanks
    • 15th Mar 11, 11:15 AM
    • 15th Mar 11, 11:15 AM
    Im bumping this thread as have just aquired a 701 KC and am pleased to realise that I'm not the only person who does what my daughter has christened 'the Kenwood Chef dance'

I haven't actually had chance to do anything other than clean it up and run it for a few seconds. ( and gaze at it and stroke it ) Ive even cleared a space on the worktop for it.
    Hopefully I'll get to try it before I have to do my red nose day baking.

Supposed to be on my way to bed now as have been working for past two nights but have been trawling the net or all things Chef.

PS, OP please feel free to move my reply to somewhere you think more suitable, so many threads to choose from.
    Last edited by AlisonW; 15-03-2011 at 11:17 AM. Reason: PS
  • CFC
    • 15th Mar 11, 10:07 PM
    • 15th Mar 11, 10:07 PM
    I can't move your post but probably someone will be along soon who can
  • powdies
    • 26th Sep 11, 2:10 PM
    Kenwood A929 shredder speed- Help!
    • 26th Sep 11, 2:10 PM
    Hi - this is going to sound like SUCH a dumb question.. but how fast should the Kenwood Chef A929 "high speed" shredder go? I was recently given an A901 and I bought the shredder/slicer to go with it. Tried it out yesterday. OMG!!! I have 2 different food processors already, but this is terrifying! My cucumber was cut so fine due to the speed it was practically liquidised. After a stream of very unladylike expletives and recovering from the shock, I tried again, with a carrot. This shredder went through 2 3-inch bits of chunky carrot in about half a second. It was genuinely scary. I am wondering if this can possibly be right. It feels 'dangerous' and although I am no wimp I am not keen to use the shredder again.

Is anyone able to advise on this? I am wondering whether the chef itself is starting at an elevated speed as I have noticed that it increases in speed from setting 1 to setting 6 and then doesn't go any faster through speeds 6, 7, 8 and Max. Maybe the speed control is out of whack and it is starting at speed 4, for instance? But I have no comparison. The planetary action whisk holder is making around 2 rotations per second at speed 1 if that gives an idea.
  • mikemaple
    • 10th Dec 11, 12:24 PM
    Fitting belt and greasing an A701A
    • 10th Dec 11, 12:24 PM

Hopefilly this may help someone. I've just got an old Kenwood Chef A701A from ebay. It all works but when I was running the whisk attachments it sounded a bit rough. It seems to be fairly standard for the old ones be making a bit of a noise when coming from ebay

After quite a lot of searching around the net I finally found out that this is often caused by a lack of grease or a belt that needs replacing.

To test this - I removed the cover where the blender goes - this turns off the whisk part and it then ran nice a quiet - so issue was likely either the belt or gearbox.

Now luckly not only are parts available via both ebay and partsmaster (There's a 10% code on the MS forum from 2007 that still works) - but they are also VERY Easy to fit.

I have purchased a new belt (about £6 and some food grade grease £9 from ebay - I searched for kenwood grease).

So how to Grease.

1. Open up the mixer as if you were going to change the whisk etc (you know push the button on the side and the whole thing pivots up).

2. Unscrew the 4 screws that you call see on the underneath of where the whist goes into - on mine it's a big blue plate and then the cover will come off. There is a felt filter that may need a clean or replacment. Take that off. - The big grey cover you now see is the gearbox.

3. Find the big penny size screw and undo it - GREASE goes in here if it looks full - don't believe it unless it was serviced - as because the hole is underneath it will collect whatever grease is left in - mine looked full on first inspection. I used a smallish funel and it fitted the hole perfectly - then I slowly added grease over a good few hours (To do this I found it easier to turn the whole unit upside down and prop it up so it doesn't fall over - also I did a one point put the whole unit on it's nose to let the grease get right in - I did that after i'd added about half the grease - with the screw done up) and then put it back on it's back opened up the screw and added more - mine took nearly they whole 100g.

You can try heating the grease to get it in a bit easier -but i left mine at least a few hours for each top up as i was not in a rush.

4. Now put it back together and try it - mine now sounds brilliant !

How to replace the belt.

1. Take of the top as if you were adding a blender - that's the big cover on the top at the back (use the leaver to release it) and remove the cover right on the front (The one that looks a bit like a handle with writing on it - that sits above where the whisks etc go.
    2. Unscrew the three screws around the metal ring.
    3. Remove the ring and now the top will come off.
    4. To replace the belt just turn the belt by holding it near the big wheel and slowly ease it up - near the big wheel - to put on the new one reverse.
    5. Then put the cover back on, the ring and the screws etc.
    Job down.

Hope this helps someone

Finally I've just had a quick look at the A901 and the KM Series and they seem to have a greasing point on the gearbox - but it looks like a red plastic bung - I assume it's grease as you can buy A901 grease - but I can't confirm this so someone else maybe able to confirm it.
    Last edited by mikemaple; 10-12-2011 at 3:19 PM.
  • silvergirl14
    I have an ancient 1976 Kenwood Chef Electronic model and found this site, which has been a godsend for spares and other stuff.
    Kenwood Chef Restore in Bridgwater

They are very helpful and prompt. The lid to my ancient liquidiser attachment got snapped (someone strong doing washing up???) and I got a new one. Brilliant.
    • thelawnet
    • By thelawnet 25th Mar 12, 10:51 PM
    • 2,396 Posts
    • 1,678 Thanks
    Kenwood Chef Attachments

Kenwood Grain Mill. Is it any use?
    Originally posted by CFC
    correct link:
    • nightofjoy
    • By nightofjoy 11th May 14, 6:17 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Kenwood Chef Major new design dough hook
    Hi. I have a Kenwood Chef Titanium, bought about 3 years ago but I think it's still the current model.

I use it for breadmaking with the dough hook, which on the whole is good, but the dough does ball up and need scraping down throughout.

Someone mentioned to me the other day, that with the new MAJOR models they've redesigned the hook to combat balling - changed the shape completely.

Does anyone have any info on this? I want to know if Major attachments will fit my Chef Titanium.

• kah22
    • By kah22 26th Jul 14, 11:22 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    Hi. I have a Kenwood Chef Titanium, bought about 3 years ago but I think it's still the current model.

I use it for breadmaking with the dough hook, which on the whole is good, but the dough does ball up and need scraping down throughout.

Someone mentioned to me the other day, that with the new MAJOR models they've redesigned the hook to combat balling - changed the shape completely.

Does anyone have any info on this? I want to know if Major attachments will fit my Chef Titanium.

Originally posted by nightofjoy
    just ordered the Titanium MCM 010 via Amazon Warehouse and have just read your post. Like to give me some info on the dough hook, hasi it been redesigned or is still the old one? What's the difference anyway?
    Anyone who isn't confused here doesn't really know what's going on
    • K9sandFelines
    • By K9sandFelines 27th Nov 15, 2:50 PM
    • 1,605 Posts
    • 14,421 Thanks
    Just purchased the KM336 classic via the recent lightning deal on Amazon, and wondered if anybody can tell me the best attachments that they could not do without for theirs.

I did have a basic Aldi food processor but after about four to six months it will not work with the shredding attachment, not sure about just blade, as basically the main function in the middle isn't turning. The liquidiser works but that was just an added bonus as already had one on soup maker.

Is there a food processing attachment(blade) for this or will I not need one? It comes with liquidiser jug, beater, balloon whisk, dough hook and stainless steel bowl. I also have a breadmaker, so not sure if dough hook will be used much. Hopefully i haven't bought something I will never use. Just I have read so many good reviews on them and it had £80 off, so it was a bargain albeit not very Mse.
    GC 2015 ~ NOV £271.84 Dec £
    £2 Savers Club 2015 no 30 ~ £304.00/£450 Roadkill Rebels £1.78p

~ Still learning the art of frugality ~
    • nightofjoy
    • By nightofjoy 27th Nov 15, 3:07 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    The most used thing with mine is the dough hook. Once you take full control of your bread making and aren't restricted by the limitations of the breadmaker, you'll never go back.

Does it have two removable panels on the top to attach things? If so you'll be able to get a food processor to go on top. They work really well and last fro donkey's years...
    • nuatha
    • By nuatha 27th Nov 15, 3:24 PM
    • 1,472 Posts
    • 18,202 Thanks
    Just purchased the KM336 classic via the recent lightning deal on Amazon, and wondered if anybody can tell me the best attachments that they could not do without for theirs.
    Originally posted by K9sandFelines
    The high speed shredder/slicer is probably my most used attachment, it will cope with a far greater volume than my food processor and does just as good a job. The slow speed grater (barrel) attachment gets used for parmesan and that's about all. Mine came with the flanged K beater, which scrapes the bowl as it works, brilliant for mixing cakes. The multimill gets used for grinding seeds and spices and does a good job even with relatively small quantities.

I do have a food processor which still gets used regularly, if I was starting out again I'd go straight for the Chef and its attachments.

The actual food processor attachment just works with the Titanium IIRC, its not needed, the main Chef and the slicing/shredding attachments are far better.

• nightofjoy
    • By nightofjoy 27th Nov 15, 3:42 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Ah. Mine must be the Titanium then. Anyway, it's very good. I've always found Kenwood motors very reliable, and there are people out there who'll fix them if they break down, and you can find spares online - motors etc - not like with most disposable small appliances these days...

Seriously you should get more into real bread making though. Get a basic book to draw from, something like James Morton's Brilliant Bread.... there'll be no stopping you.
    • Petula
    • By Petula 27th Nov 15, 7:44 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 255 Thanks
    I think you have to move your link to your profile page and off the post
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,293Posts Today

6,083Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The times TV page has given my coming help to buy ISA show a 2/10. I felt that harsh until I realised it was 2nd episode of 10 part series!

• Help to buy ISAs full how they work help and the best buys so far...

• While I oft bemoan Xmas being a retail festival. It's strange today many are bitter that shops are REDUCING prices, usually its the opposite

• Follow Martin