IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking on a single yellow line outside the controlled hours

Options
rayblack
rayblack Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 23 August 2011 at 7:52PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I parked outside the controlled zone hours on a single yellow line and received a PCN because my car was parked adjacent to a lowered footway, apparently for the purpose of assisting pedestrians crossing the highway.

Direcltyl opposite, on the other side of the very same road there was another lowered footway but there was a double yellow line.

I believe that the single yellow line operated to advise me that I could park on it, outside the restricted hours.

Properly there ought to have been a double yellow line where I parked to indicate that I should not have parked there at all.

I was misled but am being prosecuted under Section 86 Traffic Management Act 2004.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Do I have a good case? I have appealed and have a hearing next week.
All comments gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• bengalknights
    Options
    http://www.pepipoo.com/

check the above forum out and post there, they provide very good advice when it comes to motoring offences.
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A dropped kerb doesn't need to be marked in anyway! Parking over a pedestrian dropped kerb is never allowed, if SYL or DYL are in force or not. If the lack of markings is your only point of appeal, I think you will be unlucky!

You should have posted up your PCN when you first got it over on Pepipoo they may have found another point of appeal!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure