URGENT: Filiing for voluntary bankruptcy: Need Advice

Options
Please can someone give me sound advice on the following:

I have unsecured loans & credit-card debts of about 60,000. I have been advised that due to my circumstances and no income, I should file for voluntary bankruptcy. I have read and understood the bankruptcy guide provided on the UK Insolvency website. What I need to know are the following points.

I have a joint mortgage with my wife. The voluntary bankruptcy guide clearly stipulates that I can carry on paying my mortgage and live in our property. It also states that my wife can buy my share of the property for which the law allows time upto 12 months.

My questions are:
Q: I want to know if this is correct and the law allows for the partner to buy the share and allows time for 12 month.

Q: What will be the property valuation method. Will the court officer value it through local estate agents after 12 months or will they work out my share based on some other method.

Q: Will our Mortgage company get alarmed once the bankruptcy officer writes to them to inform that one of the joint mortgage holder has filed for bankruptcy. Will they have any objection to this and will this break any rules of agreement by which case they may cancel our mortgage with immediate effect.

I would highly appreciate your good advice.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family