Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    lorraine
    Candy tumble dryer from Argos 02/01/06
    • 17th Dec 06, 7:54 PM
    Candy tumble dryer from Argos 02/01/06 17th Dec 06 at 7:54 PM
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I didn't know the best place to post, anyway....

we brought a candy tumble dryer from argos on the 02/01/06 and had it delivered on 07/01/06, love it, MIL has exactly the same BUT we keep having a few problems with it, first off we kept on getting fuses blow on us, it would happen if I forgot to empty the water and the reminder light goes on,
    I would empty it, start it up again, then it would blow a fuse, so every time I forgot to empty it, I always left it over night before I tried it again. Then about 3 months ago I called candy out again, forget why and the guy changed an element (? something in a small box) now today I had the heat setting on low and changed it to high and bang a fuse went, now it won't start again, no matter how many times I change the fuse, I don't use it all day everyday, there is only 3 of us and my MIL says she uses hers all the time so she thinks I must have something wrong but she is no engineer. Now I don't know where I stand as obviously the warranty runs out at the beginning of next month, so I don't want to get it 'fixed' for it to happen 3 months down the line and have to pay for someone to fix it. Yet can I get a new one, if so do I ask argos, or do I ask candy, will they play each other against each other, I just need some ammo to arm myself so I don't get fobbed off, or whether its just tough sh t

any info would be great as I have never had a problem before like this, and I love the candy product, have a W machine by them and never had any problems (touches wood )

Lorraine
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,395Posts Today

6,327Users online

Martin's Twitter