Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Samphire
    How to wire in a new electric cooker..?
    • 12th Dec 06, 2:54 PM
    How to wire in a new electric cooker..? 12th Dec 06 at 2:54 PM
    Help! I'm a newbie here and a novice DIY-er (as is my husband). My oven is dying by inches, and as I can't face more burnt biscuits and undercooked stews at Christmas time I've pushed the boat out and bought a new one. I found the model I wanted online from the Co-Op electricals much cheaper than at Comet and have ordered it (it's arriving on Tuesday), but they don't offer a fitting service. It's a built in double oven model, replacing a built in single oven which is also electric. I didn't think we could legally wire this in ourselves, but a friend has told me that if there's an existing cooker circuit its OK. Anyone know if this is true, and what's involved in wiring in a cooker?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,935Posts Today

7,520Users online

Martin's Twitter