Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Giddytimes
    Can I donate fake goods to a charity shop?
    • 27th May 11, 8:31 PM
    Can I donate fake goods to a charity shop? 27th May 11 at 8:31 PM
    I bought 2 dresses a while back from an internet site, when they arrived I could tell they were fake. They also didn't fit me.

The website disappeared and I tried but failed to receive a refund.

These dresses have been sitting in my wardrobe for over a year now, they are nice dresses, well made, it seems a shame for them to just be sat in my wardrobe.

I tried to sell them on ebay about 6 months ago, stating in the listing that I don't believe them to be real but my listing was removed. I understand I breached Ebay rules, hadn't realised at the time.

So, can I donate these dresses to charity? Would I get in trouble for this? I was thinking of taking them in and specifically telling the shop assistant that they aren't real.

I just have a nagging doubt as can imagine that either way they will end up back on ebay somehow, but being advertised as real. Does anyone know if there is any come back on me if they do?

Thanks
    Debt at 1/5/09 21,996
    Current debt- 0 Final payment made October 2012.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,012Posts Today

10,086Users online

Martin's Twitter