Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    EmmaLou
    Becoming a Virgin Vie rep - any views?
    • 30th Nov 06, 10:07 AM
    Becoming a Virgin Vie rep - any views? 30th Nov 06 at 10:07 AM
    Hi everyone its been a while since I posted on here.

I am thinking about signing up as a Virgin Vie cosmetics rep and wondered what experiences people have of working for this company?

I just want to make a little bit of extra cash around being a full time mum. It would be nice not to have to rely on Housing Benefit (currently around £200 a month).

I am very nervous about starting it as it has to be run as your own business and also you have to make £500 of sales in the first 2 months. I worry that I don't have enough friends to get the sales.

They have an offer at the moment:

Be an Xmas consultant - buy the Xmas kit for £60 + £25 public liability insurance
    Make £500 of sales in first 2 months or have to pay them £100 to keep the kit.
    You then get the opportunity to become a full consultant and buy the full kit for £60 (normally £120)
    Both of these kits are worth £300 each if sold at full retail price.

I had a VV party in the summer as a hostess and only made £80 worth of sales.

What do you think? Is it worth it?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

324Posts Today

1,310Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Disgraceful upsell on "The Bank" on BBC2. Young woman goes in for £1,500 loan gets sold £3,000 more. A BANK'S JOB IS TO SELL NOT ADVISE!

• Facebook's the new eBay - 27 tricks on flogging stuff for FREE... http://t.co/E9jppI9cn2

• How many times have you (or your household) switched energy provider in the last 5 years? PLEASE VOTE... http://t.co/UIUfLij3Zl

• Follow Martin