Tesco/Asda Pricechecker Thread - part 4

stebiz
stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 14 April 2011 at 8:55PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Hello all, 4th thread already!

Thanks to gazwood for starting us off and making these threads the most successful in Grabbit history!

And thanks to Tara747 and Scotsgirl, as well as many others for all their hard work on the previous threads. Too many to mention. I've copied the previous thread front pages onto here, to make life a bit easier.

Thread 1: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3109398

Thread 2: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3109398

Thread 3: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3153752

Link for main pricechecker selection page :

https://www.tescopricecheck.com/PriceCheck/Pages/Default.aspx

Choose either individual product to compare at Tesco, Sainsburys and ASDA on this link :

http://www.tesco.com/whatsinstore/pricecheck/

Input your purchase receipt details on this link to make a DTD claim

https://www.tescopricecheck.com/PriceCheck/Pages/Default.aspx

Pricechecker terms/conditions and FAQ on this link :

https://www.tescopricecheck.com/PriceCheck/Pages/faqs.aspx

DTD = double the difference SEL = shelf-edge label

GUIDE

Always check the following if you want to bag a DTD deal:

1. Check the Tesco price check website for your item here <http://www.tesco.com/whatsinstore/pricecheck/>. Try not to be specific i.e. enter terms like 'salmon' rather than 'john west salmon'. - sadly this was withdrew on or around the 18th March 2011 and doesn't appear to be coming back online.

2. If you spot an item that's considerably cheaper at ASDA on the Tesco price check website, then things are looking good.

3. Now, check to see if your item is on the Tesco grocery website
https://secure.tesco.com/register/?f...2fgroceries%2f

and Asda grocery website ( here <http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/index.jsp>). Make sure you check that the products are identical AND check that the prices match the ones you found on the Tesco price check website (step 1).

4. Repeat the steps above for any other items you'd like. Once you've got a list of your items.....

5. ...go to tesco and find your items. Check the SEL of all items to see if price, product, quantity, weight all match up with what you're about to buy. Check to see if it all matches on your list. If an item is on offer (e.g. BOGOF, buy 2 for £3 etc.), then make sure you put one item into your trolley!

6. At the checkout, check the price of all your items that scan through; as they may not match the SEL. If you got some items that you know are cheaper at Tesco, then put these through as a seperate transaction. DTD is applied to your basket total.

7. Enter receipt details online https://www.tescopricecheck.com/PriceCheck/Pages/Default.aspx and wait! Results should appear within 24 hours, although in some rare cases it can be a few days.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOUBLE THE DIFFERENCE: TESCO VS. ASDA - A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE

DTD = double the difference SEL = shelf-edge label

Some answers to commonly asked questions:

BOGOF, B1G2F offers....do i get them?

No matter how tempting this may be, only buy the single item! if you do want more than 1, then put them through as seperate transactions.

Can i use my DTD voucher to purchase another DTD shop?

Yes

Can i use coupons towards my shop? will it affect my DTD payout?

Yes coupons can be used. they are calculated as a form of payment. you're dtd will not be affected.

Is there a minimum purchase?

Only one item needs to be purchased

Will this work in tesco express?

No. It also doesn't work at selected metros. if they have banners up in these stores, then i presume that they're doing the offer??

What is the maximum amount i can get in DTD?

10 receipt claims can be made each calendar month and £100 per household each calendar months. however, people have been getting more than £100 without any problems atm. Tesco has capped individual Price Check vouchers at £20, so make sure that your shopping is no more than £10 cheaper at Asda if possible!

How long is my DTD voucher valid for?

28 days from issue

Can i use my DTD voucher and get a refund on the items that i bought (or vice versa)?

Risky business. If you return the item, it's usually marked on your receipt; this may go against you if you want to use the whole DTD voucher on your next shop.

I've entered my receipt details - When will I get an email?

You might never get an email! The emailing system isn't great, and many of us never receive them. In most cases, the receipts are processed the day after you enter your details. They normally come through in a big batch at some time between 11 and 5ish. There will normally be a giant shout of "VOUCHERS" on this thread too! If this happens, and you haven't had an email, then go back to https://www.tescopricecheck.com and re-enter your email address and receipt details. You may well find the voucher waiting for you

I inputted my receipt details but have since lost my receipt, is there anything I can do?

You must treat your receipt like you would a twenty pound note. Although you can always just hand over your voucher, Tesco are in their right to request to see your receipt. Without this, your voucher could be void.

My voucher from yesterday hasn't come through?

This happens sometimes due to technical errors or glitches, and in most cases they appear within a day or two (normally with another days batch.) If you haven't had it back within a couple of days then you could contact customer services.

How do I work out my shopping?

You could try the old fashioned way pen and paper. Or use a calculator. Here is the Tesco DTD Calculator

Click Here

When are the prices updated on Tesco/Asda?

This varies a lot at the moment - both seem to do updates in the middle of the night, with Asda doing a big one on Monday and tesco seem to change a lot of their deals Tuesday/Wednesday. Even though we are trying to keep the spreadsheet as up to date as possible, you should always check the specific items you want to buy on the Tesco and Asda sites before you go shopping, and make sure the in store price matches in tesco

Why has my item been returned N/A?

Lots of reasons. Be aware that items hyphenated by one store and not the other are likely to be returned N/A.
e.g, Asda = Nutri-grain whilst Tesco = Nutrigrain. This returns N/A.

The price has changed since I bought my item, will I still get my DTD?

Tesco should compare on the day you bought the item so if it goes up or down in price the next day you should still be ok. Should. I promise nothing!!!

The Times and numbers don't match between voucher and receipt!

Some people are having issues with the codes not matching up properly. There are two issues - 24 hour clock appearing as 12 hour on the vouchers, and some other parts losing and gaining 0s and 1s. Customer services are aware of this and have confirmed these vouchers are fine to use. If you have any hassle in store then tell them to call head office. if they still refuse, COMPLAIN!

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ON SOME VERSIONS OF IE THE SCISSORS AROUND THE VOUCHER DOES NOT PRINT OUT, AND ARE CAUSING SOME STAFF TO BELIEVE THE VOUCHERS ARE FAKE. IF THIS HAPPENS USE CHROME OR FIREFOX.

Can I print off the same voucher and use it again?

No, No, and No again. Please, don't even ask this on the thread as it just causes arguments! Whilst none of us are legal experts many perceive that this would be fraudulent. It's not worth it - DTD is good enough as it is.

Where's the FAMOUS spreadsheet?

A read only web based copy can be viewed here - this is updating live: https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?hl=en_GB&hl=en_GB&key=0AlTY5zCarucZdGtYS29pVEZQTV9sZGgtbWRsejRGLXc&output=html

Downloadable versions

https://sites.google.com/site/pricecheckerspreadsheet/spreadsheet-download

Coupon use policy

Lots of people have difficulty getting stores to accept coupons (which many of us want to go alongside our DTDs!) so the following is the coupon policy which Customer Services have confirmed to me today

"'We'll happily accept your coupons if you've bought the product.

This includes Tesco and supplier coupons.

Unfortunately if you haven't bought the product we can't accept the coupon.'

This means that we accept coupons for products purchased by customers. This also complies with the Terms and Conditions written on each coupon. We will continue to accept Competitor Conditional Spend Coupons as long as the minimum spend (stated on the coupon) has been met, as well as Healthy Start and Luncheon Vouchers.

Online shopping - DTD-ing.

Getting the DTD voucher -
The biggest danger is prices changing between order and delivery. Thing to do to avoid this -
If you place an order just after midnight you can get delivery the same day. Many offers have been available for days so if you can't do this, you can still dtd online.

Check your order online with tesco & asda for pricecheck shortly before delivery and be prepared to give back anything that's no longer DTD worthwhile.

Be sure to check 'no substitutions' on your order.

Spending the DTD voucher from an Online Shop -

You'll be emailed a voucher which you can print and either give to the delivery driver on your next order, or use in store.
If you give it to the driver you have to spend from your account then wait up to 2 weeks to have it credited. If you use in store, you don't need to part with the cash first.
I suspect vouchers from online shops are easier to trace as they have your order no and postcode on the voucher so be more careful of £100 limits. (they'll also be traceable with any clubcard registered to your account).

Remember that although the max dtd is £20 the min delivery is £25 plus delivery so you will have to spend at least £8 actual cash, this may be reduced if items aren't in stock/you give goods back to the driver etc.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR FINDS WITH OTHERS BUT REMEMBER WHEN POSTING A DEAL TO COPY THIS BELOW TO MAKE THE THREAD EASIER TO SKIP THROUGH

*** DEAL CONFIRMED *** OR ***DEAL TO BE CONFIRMED***

*EXACT* TITLE OF PRODUCT/SIZE/WEIGHT
PRICE TESCO £
PRICE ASDA £
DTD £
NET COST AFTER REFUND £

monkey-on-computer.jpg

THIS WILL MAKE IT A LOT EASIER FOR THE DEDICATED TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS ON THE SPREADSHEET TO UPDATE IT A LOT FASTER

plonker.jpg

*** Please refrain from talk of fraud, reusing unsigned receipts with reprinted vouchers, altering receipts, false returns etc ***

Smart cookies don't need to resort to this to make money from this Tesco scheme, it's a no-brainer

Play the smart game and this can be a steady 'earner' for some time to come.

Tesco's customer helpline is: 0800 505 555

Two Tesco email contact addresses are:

philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com

and

customer.service@tesco.co.uk

Contact can be made by post to:

Tesco Customer Service Centre
Baird Avenue
Dundee
DD2 3TN
Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies

Comments

• stebiz
    I've copied much of the same stuff over from the previous thread. Let's hope we are on thread 5, before long.

In the meantime Good Luck DTD'rs :beer:
  • Thanks Ste for kicking the new thread off. May be getting somewhere with getting to the bottom of the reject e-mail issue too which is good :-) Cheers for all the posts and deals found - much appreciated.
  • stebiz wrote: »
    I've copied much of the same stuff over from the previous thread. Let's hope we are on thread 5, before long.

In the meantime Good Luck DTD'rs :beer:

Wow thread 4 already! It moves too fast for me to keep up!!:T
    Big thankyou to everyone especially those working hard to update the spreadsheet!
  • stebiz
    Thanks Ste for kicking the new thread off. May be getting somewhere with getting to the bottom of the reject e-mail issue too which is good :-) Cheers for all the posts and deals found - much appreciated.

Thanks Si. Would be great if we could get to the bottom of the 'email rejections'- for everyone's sake. Really good to have your input. Bit time consuming isn't it! ;)
  • lol and frustrating at times as I'm sure you've realised too ;) Had too much free drink this weekend so have been resisting it all evening in a bid to not have a recurring hangover, hence the slightly shorter temper than usual!!!

But bedtime calling for me now - hopefully we can get input from any others who have had the reject e-mail and I can do some more analysis on it tomorrow.

G'night and cheers again
    stebiz wrote: »
    Thanks Si. Would be great if we could get to the bottom of the 'email rejections'- for everyone's sake. Really good to have your input. Bit time consuming isn't it! ;)
  • ok so quick qu...

If i get a voucher tomorrow for say 18.00 then i go shopping and have DTD items alone costing 19.00 but have a dtd value of 21.00 does this mean i can use the first voucher on second shop and just pay £1? and get a £20 voucher for the next shop??

Or do you have to spend the voucher on non DTD items?

Or it there a way to make this less obvious?How have you all been doing it?

TIA
  • munchkinz
    munchkinz Posts: 678 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    lol and frustrating at times as I'm sure you've realised too ;) Had too much free drink this weekend so have been resisting it all evening in a bid to not have a recurring hangover, hence the slightly shorter temper than usual!!!

But bedtime calling for me now - hopefully we can get input from any others who have had the reject e-mail and I can do some more analysis on it tomorrow.

G'night and cheers again

I will let you know tomorrow if your theory is right.

I have an email which I am waiting for 2 vouchers which should bring my total to £91.24 including going over £20 but the first shop was with a voucher for £18.35.

If you are right I should get the over your limit email.

I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Night all
    :j First mini munchkin due 05/04/2013 :j
  • stebiz
    ok so quick qu...

If i get a voucher tomorrow for say 18.00 then i go shopping and have DTD items alone costing 19.00 but have a dtd value of 21.00 does this mean i can use the first voucher on second shop and just pay £1? and get a £20 voucher for the next shop??

TIA

You can spend your voucher on whatever you like. Many are 'recycling' them , and there is nothing in the T&C's that say you can't. So if you bought more items that gave you another voucher, all the better.
  • m00nie
    m00nie Posts: 2,314 Forumite
    subscribing for tomorrows adventures...
  • munchkinz
    munchkinz Posts: 678 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ok so quick qu...

TIA

Yep thats right. Exactly what I've been doing.

I think some people are trying to make it less obvious by adding items which are not comparable with asda. I suppose it depends how you feel andhow your local tesco is dealing with DTD.
    :j First mini munchkin due 05/04/2013 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport