Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    silentkiller
    Vanquis charges
    • 8th Apr 11, 11:18 AM
    Vanquis charges 8th Apr 11 at 11:18 AM
    Okay, I have trawled the net for some kind of info on this and have found a bit but nothing that really related to my problem.

I have a vanquis card (a mistake I now know) with a credit limit of 500. I was in credit and haven't gone over the limit since having it - which is about 2-3 months now. I checked online after my first payment of 30. I was now in credit by about 19. I was under the impression that interest was part of my minimum payment and so was suprised when I was then told 3 days ago that I needed to make a payment of 56 as I was over my credit limit!! I logged on - no recent transactions and I hadn't used the card since 3rd March. I rang them up and asked them why I was now over the limit and she explained that my interest was added to my balance. I didn't think this was how they did things and am now worried that every month I am going to go over because the interest is going to fluctuate. What is the minimum payment for if it does not include interest?

If anyone can tell me if they are allowed to do this and if all credit cards operate like this then I would be greatly appreciative.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,457Posts Today

7,887Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks to @CBBC_Hacker for sending us our own Hacker, baby MSE is smitten. Altight cocker. http://t.co/mdVVz56YHD

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• Follow Martin