Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    downshifter
    Changing planning permission for holiday cottages
    • 31st Mar 11, 9:30 PM
    Changing planning permission for holiday cottages 31st Mar 11 at 9:30 PM
    Can someone advise me about the rules for letting holiday cottages as non-holiday lets? In the area where I live it's pretty easy to get planning permission for holiday lets but not for ordinary housing. Lots of people, in a burst of enthusiasm, converted barns, or chapels etc but subsequently found that running a holiday let is quite a tie and hard work so the places stand empty for much of the year.

We have a real need for affordable rentals especially to prevent young people moving away, however trying to get pp for year round rental is well nigh impossible and people are warned that it will never be possible to convert holiday rental permission to normal. It's a really stupid situation. Does anyone know of any really good arguments for being able to change the rules on holiday cottages, or do the authorities check up, and if so, how do they find out?

Makes me very angry so if there is a way of changing this, it would be really good to know. Thanks (and no, I don't own a holiday cottage, nor am I looking, but I am involved in the local community and know what the need is!)

Thanks very much

DS
    Last edited by downshifter; 31-03-2011 at 9:32 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,122Posts Today

6,769Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • After how long will your student loan be wiped (it all depends on what year you started). Full info here... http://t.co/FqCN7ETU9D

• RT @financialombuds: Are you up for a new challenge? We're hiring in London, UK! https://t.co/jqFDmJ8RC4

• On way to ITVs social mobility partnership to talk on student finance to 6th formers from non traditional uni backgrounds. Important message

• Follow Martin