Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance > Older than 10 years PPI- still claim? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

  • Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

    Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

  • No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Older than 10 years PPI- still claim?
Reply
Views: 12,561
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
# 1
catclaire
Old 16-03-2011, 3:26 PM
MoneySaving Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4
Default Older than 10 years PPI- still claim?

Hi Guys

Hope you can help, this has no doubt been asked before but I am having trouble finding the exact answer. I had numerous loans in the late 90's that had various insurance premiums on them. At the time we were urged that for our application to be successful we would need this (I remember as I was so furious at the time) The only info that I have is copies of the credit agreements. Could i still make a claim as it is longer than 10 years.

Thanks
catclaire is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to catclaire For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
di3004
Old 16-03-2011, 3:36 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Wales (Gwent)
Posts: 42,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catclaire View Post
Hi Guys

Hope you can help, this has no doubt been asked before but I am having trouble finding the exact answer. I had numerous loans in the late 90's that had various insurance premiums on them. At the time we were urged that for our application to be successful we would need this (I remember as I was so furious at the time) The only info that I have is copies of the credit agreements. Could i still make a claim as it is longer than 10 years.

Thanks

Hello there & welcome

It is known there have been success from reclaims made from 90's and so, no harm in trying with your reasons.

If its only recently you have found out about the mis selling, then make them aware of that as well, and state if this is the case, that if you were made aware of this earlier then you would have pursued these earlier.

Follow the link below to the reclaiming questionnaire, this replaced the template letter, personally if the loans were with the same companies, I would complete the reclaim questionnaires separately, so they don't get confused, you then send to the ones who set up your accounts, such as their head office or complaints dept if they have one.

Remember to keep copies of everything in case you need to go back to them at some point, like complain to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS).

The questionnaire replaced the template letter on this site, but feel free to optionally write to them in your own words if you want to.

If you write to them, the main points to remember is:

Enclose your account number for each account where mis sold the PPI.

Write to ask them to refund you all you have paid of the PPI, plus interest.
Give your reasons on why you believe you were mis sold.

Ask they get back with a decision by 8 weeks.

Personally I would use signed for/recorded delivery so you can check the status of delivery of your reclaims, via Royal Mail Website - Track and trace.

The questionnaire stage one of reclaiming here.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...urance#reclaim

Hope this helps, good luck on your reclaiming.
The one and only "Dizzy Di"
di3004 is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to di3004 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
amersall
Old 16-03-2011, 5:32 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 15,789
Default

I agree Di, also it would be best to send copies of the agreements in, as the op has these and the bank cannot come back and say they cannot find this account number, the op has a good weapon with these agreements.

amersall is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amersall For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
di3004
Old 16-03-2011, 8:45 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Wales (Gwent)
Posts: 42,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amersall View Post
I agree Di, also it would be best to send copies of the agreements in, as the op has these and the bank cannot come back and say they cannot find this account number, the op has a good weapon with these agreements.

Yes definately a good idea to send copies amersall, good one,
The one and only "Dizzy Di"
di3004 is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to di3004 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
catclaire
Old 17-03-2011, 12:01 PM
MoneySaving Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4
Default

Thanks so much for the help guys. I started looking through my info last night and I have discovered that I have the loan numbers for two loans from 1997 and 1998 but i do not have the specific credit agreements. Is it likely that the bank will still have this information on file and can it be requested as its highly likely that we paid PPI on them as we did on everything else, its the Bank of Scotland.
Thanks again
catclaire is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to catclaire For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
di3004
Old 17-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Wales (Gwent)
Posts: 42,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catclaire View Post
Thanks so much for the help guys. I started looking through my info last night and I have discovered that I have the loan numbers for two loans from 1997 and 1998 but i do not have the specific credit agreements. Is it likely that the bank will still have this information on file and can it be requested as its highly likely that we paid PPI on them as we did on everything else, its the Bank of Scotland.
Thanks again

Hi

And your welcome.

I have made my last 2 reclaims now via lloyds that are late 90's going into early 2000's and with just using the account numbers they have not turned them away, and as they have been with them for a while I think I would have heard something by now if they were not able to deal with them.
The one and only "Dizzy Di"
di3004 is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to di3004 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
catclaire
Old 18-03-2011, 8:11 AM
MoneySaving Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by di3004 View Post
Hi

And your welcome.

I have made my last 2 reclaims now via lloyds that are late 90's going into early 2000's and with just using the account numbers they have not turned them away, and as they have been with them for a while I think I would have heard something by now if they were not able to deal with them.
Thanks, going to give it a try spent a fortune on missold PPI's and would love to get it back

Another question though sorry, does anyone know that when a credit card is taken over by another company are they then responsible for the PPI complaints directly or would i have to submit 2 claims. It was the Bank of Scotland mastercard taken over MBNA.
catclaire is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to catclaire For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
di3004
Old 18-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Wales (Gwent)
Posts: 42,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catclaire View Post
Thanks, going to give it a try spent a fortune on missold PPI's and would love to get it back

Another question though sorry, does anyone know that when a credit card is taken over by another company are they then responsible for the PPI complaints directly or would i have to submit 2 claims. It was the Bank of Scotland mastercard taken over MBNA.

Hiya

Maybe you should get a few copies done and send to both of them, making them aware you have also sent to the other as well, this way at least you know one of them will be dealing with your case.
Good luck.
The one and only "Dizzy Di"
di3004 is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 9
amersall
Old 18-03-2011, 7:40 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 15,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catclaire View Post
Thanks, going to give it a try spent a fortune on missold PPI's and would love to get it back

Another question though sorry, does anyone know that when a credit card is taken over by another company are they then responsible for the PPI complaints directly or would i have to submit 2 claims. It was the Bank of Scotland mastercard taken over MBNA.
Hi there, send it to mbna and they may deal with it, or they will pass it over to bos.

amersall is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
Reply

Bookmarks
 
 




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 Forum Jump  

Contact Us - MoneySavingExpert.com - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 8:28 AM.

 Forum Jump  

Free MoneySaving Email

Top deals: Week of 10 September 2014

Get all this & more in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email full of guides, vouchers and Deals

GET THIS FREE WEEKLY EMAIL Full of deals, guides & it's spam free

Latest News & Blogs

Martin's Twitter Feed

profile

Cheap Travel Money

Find the best online rate for holiday cash with MSE's TravelMoneyMax.

Find the best online rate for your holiday cash with MoneySavingExpert's TravelMoneyMax.

TuneChecker Top Albums

  • THE SCRIPTNO SOUND WITHOUT SILENCE
  • TRAINBULLETPROOF PICASSO
  • SAM SMITHIN THE LONELY HOUR (DELUXE EDITION)

MSE's Twitter Feed

profile
Always remember anyone can post on the MSE forums, so it can be very different from our opinion.
We use Skimlinks and other affiliated links in some of our boards, for some of our users.