Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    newmommyjen
    Do not answer your phone to these numbers!!!!
    • 21st Nov 06, 1:39 AM
    Do not answer your phone to these numbers!!!! 21st Nov 06 at 1:39 AM
    Dont answer you mobile to these numbers, or call back.
    08700 426 655
    I had missed call from the 1st number last week,i rang it to , to hear a answering machine say contecting your call, i quickly hung up. the 2nd number today( Monday) .
    I was worried i was missing important calls so i googled both the numbers and found this site.
    http://www.stevecastledine.com/sc.nsf/dx/16092005105627SCADNU.htm?opendocument&comments
    ""This entry is for google to pick up - If you get a call on your mobile from this number (08700 426 655) do not call it back.

When you answer it - the line will go dead - if you call it back you could be calling a premium rate number (no I didnt do it luckily - it looked odd so I researched it) or it could also be a dodgy telecom company auto-dialing loads of people at once (this practice is borderline illegal - depending on how many people they drop whilst doing it - some companies have been fined) so that their sales staff are fed constant calls to cold sell to.

It seems (and I have other reasons why I suspect) that at sometime Orange mobile sold my mobile phone number to somebody. Obviously then that list gets sold on and sold on again etc. Not a good thing to do for a large company such as themselves.""
    A smile and manners doesnt cost any thing
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,828Posts Today

8,042Users online

Martin's Twitter