Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

How long after ESA medical before you get the decision
    • 6th Mar 11, 8:42 PM
    How long after ESA medical before you get the decision 6th Mar 11 at 8:42 PM
    Hello all I am going for my ESA medical this week not Atos, although they are recruiting staff at the minute to start doing these medical in the autumn here. I was just wondering when do i get a decision on the day or how long before I get if I have passed the capability test. As I lost IB last July and haven't received any benefit since then,until I applied for ESA in November and now I have to attend this medical. Are the descriptors much the same. My last capability assessment was a farce with the report stating in could carry my coat and bag with no difficulty, total lies as I actually had neither. I said my mum got my shopping for me and on every page of the report the doctor wrote goes shopping with mother. How can I prevent these lies being written this time around. It's astounding that it's the medical officers word against mine and who's going to believe me, I mean I've been medically retired over 2 years and have only received 13 mths incapacity benefit and then told fit for work despite chronic neurogical neck and shoulder problems, fibromalygia, trigger finger after and aero negative arthritis. I wish I was fit to work 27 years full time employment and now treated like scrounger within society.sorry rant over, I'm sure there's worse affected than me.:eek
    Last edited by Jock221; 06-03-2011 at 8:44 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

453Posts Today

3,818Users online

Martin's Twitter