We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Issey miyake free with dtd @ tesco

Options
This eau de toilette was half price @ £16 with shelf saying this offer finishes today. But already scans at full price so mice dtd

Comments

• Simmysim
    Simmysim Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    Options
    rons90000 wrote: »
    This eau de toilette was half price @ £16 with shelf saying this offer finishes today. But already scans at full price so mice dtd

Sorry and you explain mice and dtd for a thicko like me please :o
    :A
  • luvvlyjubbly
    Options
    Sorry.....I don't understand what you are saying?
    Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing altogether.:D
  • autumngirl
    autumngirl Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Is this something to do with "double the difference"?
  • justmi
    justmi Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    yup to do with double the difference.
    Basically if they over charge you then they give you double the diff of the over charge back.
    so in this case the over charge is £16 so they have to give you £32 back!
  • autumngirl
    autumngirl Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    justmi wrote: »
    yup to do with double the difference.
    Basically if they over charge you then they give you double the diff of the over charge back.
    so in this case the over charge is £16 so they have to give you £32 back!

Thank you.

Is this guaranteed and no-quibble? I can't imagine my local store giving me this for free....would be amazed!
  • justmi
    justmi Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    well its Tesco policy, they will try to tell you otherwise but they should give it to you....
  • atothejtothep
    Options
    do you have to buy it first at £32? and then get the refund?
  • linzi686
    linzi686 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    is this not just store specific though?
    2011 wins!!!
    models own product x 2, ps3 and ea active 2 mikado chocs FB., Holiday for 2 for 10 nights 4* hotel to Goa :j
    E45 lip balm, wkd purple t-shirt, hair clip worth £15, royal pen Another ps3, flight and tickets to a festival in Australia (couldn't go :( )
    Thanks so much to everyone who takes the time and effort to post comps on here. :)
  • rons90000
    Options
    Sorry spell check on phone. Should have been nice dtd. It also works on lacoste red
  • Thriftybynature
    Options
    some (most?) stores have a little self scan machine on the end of an aisle for you to check prices (mine is near the clothes) - worth grabbing a bottle and checking the price. You then pay full cost for it and go to customer services and ask to be credited the correct price. You'll probably also have to point out the DTD guarantee as some (mine!) aren't too forward about it....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport