Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Unpaid tax demand i can't afford to pay HELP!
    • #1
    • 10th Feb 11, 11:23 AM
    Unpaid tax demand i can't afford to pay HELP! 10th Feb 11 at 11:23 AM
    Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but anyway…….

    A few years ago I worked a second job and I have just had a notice from the tax office telling them that I owe them £2700 in underpaid tax.

    I have read online that if you owe over £2k then they will demand it all back in one payment.

    I am starting to panic as I have no savings, my income after tax is £1300 but my outgoings are £1157 a month, which leaves me (not including clothing, any entertainment or unexpected costs such as household or car repairs)…….

    As you can understand, I am in no position to pay it back, either in a lump sum, or even over 12 months. I am starting to panic slightly!

    Has anyone got any advice before I call them up to discuss the money owed? Thanks!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,138Posts Today

6,257Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

  • Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

  • RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

  • Follow Martin