Very.co.uk chargin me for something I have not received

Options
Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions on what to do about an online order.

I've had an account with very for a long time since before it changed and this is the first time Ive had an issue like this.

I placed an order for a new Tv on 1st December, the website told me it would be delivered by 17th Dec. 17th came and went and the delivery had not arrived but was blamed on bad weather.I left contacting them until the first week of January since they had a backlog and I thought it would just arrive eventually.

When I finally called up I was told they thought it was lost and would have to investigate. Quite clearly from the tracking data it had been nowhere near me and was last recorded down south somewhere.

I was told I would be contacted within a week to confirm the outcome of the investigation. A week past - no contact so I called up and asked what was happening. I was told then it would be removed and they reordered the item (second order arrived within two days) I was also promised a discount as the price had increased due to the VAT.

A week later I checked my account and the original order had still not been removed and the discount had not been applied. At this point I emailed them requesting the item be removed and was told it had been adjusted.

I've checked online today and it still has still not been removed.

Throughout the whole issue I've had to contact them, at no point have they contacted me to update me or let me know why this happened.

I'm fed up of it now and just want to see my account updated. Can anyone suggest a new approach to this? Am I within my rights to report them to someone?

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ready wrote: »
    Am I within my rights to report them to someone?
    Yes...............
  • ready
    Options
    Bear with me because I'm new to this. Is it trading standards who cover this sort of thing or another body?
  • McCuddly
    Options
    Best way

Dial the Very customer service line, Go through to an agent via the WISMO option

Ask them when the TV is going to come, they will give you the promise and expected dates.

Once you receive the email, call them and go through to customer enquiries option or if no relevant option, go to payments and ask to be transferred to a Level 2 enquiries advisor who will then adjust the account.

This is of course its been annotated. Don't email its pointless.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    WISMO

English please :)
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    McCuddly wrote: »
    Best way

Dial the Very customer service line, Go through to an agent via the WISMO option

Ask them when the TV is going to come, they will give you the promise and expected dates.

Once you receive the email, call them and go through to customer enquiries option or if no relevant option, go to payments and ask to be transferred to a Level 2 enquiries advisor who will then adjust the account.

This is of course its been annotated. Don't email its pointless.

I wouldnt quite say emailing is pointless. For one thing, if the customer has a email saying they will be given a discount then they have proof in durable means.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • McCuddly
    McCuddly Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    English please :)
    Where IS My Order
    I wouldnt quite say emailing is pointless. For one thing, if the customer has a email saying they will be given a discount then they have proof in durable means.
    I'm saying don't email customer care for a quick resolution, they pass you from pillar to post. its alot quicker to call and get the info
  • Very.co.uk_company_representative
    Very.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 143 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Ready,

We're sorry you have had a few problems with your order's if you can send your details to [EMAIL="Network@VeryHQ.co.uk"]Network@VeryHQ.co.uk[/EMAIL] and we will be able to help.

Many Thanks

Nicola

Very Network Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Very.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure