Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • di3004
    • By di3004 29th Jan 11, 1:06 PM
    • 42,529 Posts
    • 56,679 Thanks
    di3004
    • 29th Jan 11, 1:06 PM
    • 29th Jan 11, 1:06 PM
    Hiya

I have not heard of that one before, but hopefully someone on here will have and post up.
    I would also ask them for the policy/booklet details on this if you do not have them, this may explain what this fee is all about, and they should supply the details free of charge.
    I would write to request for the policy details meanings they are not answering your calls.

Meanwhile, hopefully someone will be along soon to explain, good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di"
  • Premier
    • 29th Jan 11, 4:43 PM
    • 29th Jan 11, 4:43 PM
    I believe it stands for Hire Purchase Default Interest.
    (i.e. interest accrued on arrears. Although called default interest it does not necessarily mean that they have defaulted you).

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2487949
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

237Posts Today

1,024Users online

Martin's Twitter