Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    travman1979
    Am i insured without an MOT? Advice needed!
    • 25th Jan 11, 7:00 PM
    Am i insured without an MOT? Advice needed! 25th Jan 11 at 7:00 PM
    Hi,

I work up last week and found that my car had been stolen from my driveway. I've had the car since August 2010 and originally paid 17k for it.

When i contacted the insurance company they asked me for my MOT certificate. I believed this was in the car when it was stolen and advised the insurance company that i thought this was the case. I then contacted BMW, where the car is serviced to check if they had a record of the MOT as i needed a copy of the certificate. Unfortunately they advised me that the car was due an MOT in October 2010, 4 months ago!

As you can imagine i'm now having palpitations about this over-site and i'm seriously concerned over how this will effect my insurance claim.

I'm getting mixed reviews on whether i will still be covered or not.

This is a genuine claim and i've always made sure my tax mot and insurance is covered, but this time it seems that i missed this detail. I want to be honest with the insurance company but i'm sure, like most, they would prefer not to pay me if possible.

Can anyone tell me the facts around whether my car is covered without an MOT or not? The car was in absolutely mint condition and i can get my recent service record from BMW proving its condition(i had just spent 600 on a service!)

Please help as i'm losing sleep over this as i had saved for so long to buy the car in the first place.

Thank you!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

668Posts Today

5,117Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On train home from Birmingham. Had dinner by the canal there this evening. Lovely area, very sunny and picturesque.

• Fantastic run by new UK star Zharnell Hughes in @BritAthletics #BritishChamps 200m.I was v proud to present the medal http://t.co/sSSXpM1SBZ

• Ok a wee bit chuffed. Just been asked if I'd like to present a medal at #Britishchamps, someone is now missing a hand as I bit it off!

• Follow Martin