Specsavers - do they have a complaint department and head office?

Hi all,

I need to complain to Specsavers about Specsavers. It appears that all their branches are franchised and their website says that I need to address my complaint to the person(s) I wish to complain about (doubt this will have the desired effect!).

I cannot find any complaints department or head office contact details for Specsavers - can anyone else find these?

Thanks.

Comments

• What is your complaint?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    From their website...
    Registered Office
    Specsavers Optical Group Limited
    La Villiaze,
    St Andrews,
    Guernsey
    GY6 8YP
    Registered in Guernsey
    Registration No 12249
  • I booked and paid for a contact lens consultation, as I wished to purchase better quality lenses. I was given a trial pair of lenses. When I put these on, immediately my vision was seriously blurred. Nonetheless, (pre-empting the optometrist’s comment that I’d not given the lenses a chance) the next day I wore these lenses again and my vision was still blurred. One week later, when I saw the optometrist again, I told her that I suspected the lenses must have been wrongly packaged. She told me that I was just not compatible with the lenses and told me I had to revert to use of my old type of lenses.

When I returned to the store to order more supplies of my old type of lenses, another member of staff asked what had happened with my trial lenses. I explained and she told me that the optometrist I had seen was wrong to tell me to revert to my old type of lenses and should have explored other lens options, since there are a range of lenses they can offer. For this reason, I was offered a follow-up appointment and was informed that this would be at no extra cost.

I was seen by someone else at the follow-up. I requested that I try the same type of trial lenses again since I suspect the first pair was faulty/ incorrectly packaged. The woman was reluctant to offer the same type (she insisted these lenses were incompatible) but I insisted I have these. She agreed. I was right – the lenses were comfortable!

However, the staff failed to offer me a follow-up appointment (I sensed because I disagreed with their diagnosis). I decided I had had enough of this poor service and tried to buy lenses from elsewhere but they wanted a contact lens prescription. Specsavers refuse to give me this prescription as I’ve not completed a full contact lens consultation. They want me to buy a pair of lenses to trial before they are willing to give me a prescription. However, I do not see it fair that I be penalised for the first trial pair being faulty and for the staff’s failure to book me in for a follow-up. I would like to get a refund as I did not get the service I paid for.
  • mr_fishbulb
    mr_fishbulb Posts: 5,224
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Shouldn't that be:

Registered Office
    Specsavers Optical Group Limited
    La Villiaze,
    St Andrews,
    Guernsey
    GY6 8YP
  • ...Should've gone to specsav...oh no wait. :|
  • Specsavers_company_representative
    Specsavers_company_representative Posts: 11 Organisation Representative
    Hi Sublime2, my name is Rachel and I work at Specsavers. We’re sorry that you’re unhappy with the service. I'm going to send you a private message and will look into this for you.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Specsavers. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Sublime2, my name is Rachel and I work at Specsavers. We’re sorry that you’re unhappy with the service. I'm going to send you a private message and will look into this for you.
    Rachel, welcome.

As a company representative, you might like to read this thread.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    sublime2 wrote: »
    I booked and paid for a contact lens

There is some irony that for some reason you made that reply in such a small font that I need not only my glasses, but also move closer to the screen to read it.
  • 'Rachel', I am not stupid so will not be disclosing the details you have asked for. If you were a genuine representative, you would be giving me contacts details for the company, as opposed to trying to extract personal details from me.

For the interest and benefit of others who have responded to this post, I include below the message 'Rachel' sent me:
    Hello sublime2,

I'm Rachel from Specsavers and I've joined the MSE forum to try and help out our customers and assist with any problems they've experienced recently.

I'm going to need to take a few details from you so I can contact your local store.

I need to following information:
    Your name
    The location of the store you visited
    Your date of birth and finally your postcode

Kind Regards,

Rachel
  • Apples2 - I forgot to apologise for the tiny text size - sorry!
    I cut and paste from Word.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport