Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Consumer Rights > Specsavers - do they have a complaint department ... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Specsavers - do they have a complaint department and head office?
Views: 40,893
# 1
sublime2
Old 25-01-2011, 2:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Specsavers - do they have a complaint department and head office?

Hi all,

I need to complain to Specsavers about Specsavers. It appears that all their branches are franchised and their website says that I need to address my complaint to the person(s) I wish to complain about (doubt this will have the desired effect!).

I cannot find any complaints department or head office contact details for Specsavers - can anyone else find these?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
MrRedundant
Old 25-01-2011, 2:39 PM
PPR
MoneySaving Stalwart

What is your complaint?
# 3
wealdroam
Old 25-01-2011, 4:21 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

From their website...
Quote:
Registered Office
Specsavers Optical Group Limited
La Villiaze,
St Andrews,
Guernsey
GY6 8YP
Registered in Guernsey
Registration No 12249
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wealdroam For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
sublime2
Old 25-01-2011, 4:47 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default sublime2

I booked and paid for a contact lens consultation, as I wished to purchase better quality lenses. I was given a trial pair of lenses. When I put these on, immediately my vision was seriously blurred. Nonetheless, (pre-empting the optometrist’s comment that I’d not given the lenses a chance) the next day I wore these lenses again and my vision was still blurred. One week later, when I saw the optometrist again, I told her that I suspected the lenses must have been wrongly packaged. She told me that I was just not compatible with the lenses and told me I had to revert to use of my old type of lenses.

When I returned to the store to order more supplies of my old type of lenses, another member of staff asked what had happened with my trial lenses. I explained and she told me that the optometrist I had seen was wrong to tell me to revert to my old type of lenses and should have explored other lens options, since there are a range of lenses they can offer. For this reason, I was offered a follow-up appointment and was informed that this would be at no extra cost.

I was seen by someone else at the follow-up. I requested that I try the same type of trial lenses again since I suspect the first pair was faulty/ incorrectly packaged. The woman was reluctant to offer the same type (she insisted these lenses were incompatible) but I insisted I have these. She agreed. I was right – the lenses were comfortable!

However, the staff failed to offer me a follow-up appointment (I sensed because I disagreed with their diagnosis). I decided I had had enough of this poor service and tried to buy lenses from elsewhere but they wanted a contact lens prescription. Specsavers refuse to give me this prescription as I’ve not completed a full contact lens consultation. They want me to buy a pair of lenses to trial before they are willing to give me a prescription. However, I do not see it fair that I be penalised for the first trial pair being faulty and for the staff’s failure to book me in for a follow-up. I would like to get a refund as I did not get the service I paid for.
# 5
mr_fishbulb
Old 25-01-2011, 4:47 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Shouldn't that be:

Registered Office
Specsavers Optical Group Limited
La Villiaze,
St Andrews,
Guernsey
GY6 8YP
I wish I could invest in taxes - they're the only thing guaranteed to go up.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to mr_fishbulb For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
wangtastic
Old 25-01-2011, 4:51 PM
MoneySaving Convert

...Should've gone to specsav...oh no wait. :|
The Following User Says Thank You to wangtastic For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
Specsavers company representative
Old 27-01-2011, 4:29 PM
Has MSE’s permission to post for company
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi Sublime2, my name is Rachel and I work at Specsavers. We’re sorry that you’re unhappy with the service. I'm going to send you a private message and will look into this for you.
# 8
wealdroam
Old 27-01-2011, 4:39 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel at Specsavers View Post
Hi Sublime2, my name is Rachel and I work at Specsavers. We’re sorry that you’re unhappy with the service. I'm going to send you a private message and will look into this for you.
Rachel, welcome.

As a company representative, you might like to read this thread.
# 9
Apples2
Old 27-01-2011, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime2 View Post
I booked and paid for a contact lens
There is some irony that for some reason you made that reply in such a small font that I need not only my glasses, but also move closer to the screen to read it.
Collecting infractions since 2009
# 10
sublime2
Old 28-01-2011, 3:31 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default sublime2

'Rachel', I am not stupid so will not be disclosing the details you have asked for. If you were a genuine representative, you would be giving me contacts details for the company, as opposed to trying to extract personal details from me.

For the interest and benefit of others who have responded to this post, I include below the message 'Rachel' sent me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel at Specsavers
Hello sublime2,

I'm Rachel from Specsavers and I've joined the MSE forum to try and help out our customers and assist with any problems they've experienced recently.

I'm going to need to take a few details from you so I can contact your local store.

I need to following information:
Your name
The location of the store you visited
Your date of birth and finally your postcode

Kind Regards,

Rachel
# 11
sublime2
Old 28-01-2011, 3:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default sublime2

Apples2 - I forgot to apologise for the tiny text size - sorry!
I cut and paste from Word.
# 12
Old 31-01-2011, 12:23 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi all,

Sorry for any confusion. Thank you wealdroam for pointing us in the right direction. We have contacted MSE and as you can see I have been confirmed as an official Specsavers representative. We created this profile to respond to as many queries as possible and offer a better service.

sublime2 it is understandable for you to be suspicious, but hopefully we have now allayed any fears you had. We need these details from you so we can pass on your message to our retail team who will get in contact with your local store.

Thanks

Rachel
Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Specsavers. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
# 13
sublime2
Old 31-01-2011, 1:07 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default sublime2

Dear Rachael,

I would much prefer to have the contact details of the relevant person at Specsavers, to whom I may address my concerns.

Thank you.
# 14
sirmarcus
Old 31-01-2011, 4:33 PM
PPR
Serious MoneySaving Fan

OP...Suggest you escalate and complain to Doug Perkins, Specsavers Chief Executive, via sending him an email to dougp@uk.specsavers.com.

Good luck and hope this helps.
# 15
gordikin
Old 31-01-2011, 8:55 PM
PPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmarcus View Post
OP...Suggest you escalate and complain to Doug Perkins, Specsavers Chief Executive, via sending him an email to dougp@uk.specsavers.com.

Good luck and hope this helps.

....are you sure, or are you giving a wrong email address yet again?
The Following User Says Thank You to gordikin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
Old 01-02-2011, 1:39 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

sublime2 you need to fill out this form https://www.specsavers.co.uk/help/contact-us/ and one of our representatives will give you a call.

Thanks

Rachel
Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Specsavers. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
# 17
TheMiner
Old 01-02-2011, 2:10 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi sublime2

Just wondering which store? Speccy's can be very hit-and-miss I think. I might be able to pick out a better store (Mrs Miner works there )
£5k+ since Jul 2008.
# 18
kelloggs36
Old 01-02-2011, 2:32 PM

IRO your blurred vision with your trial lenses - I had a pair last month of which one was so dirty it could not be cleaned - I cleaned it but immediately it was blurred again. Looking at it, it was opaque at the bottom where it bends (if that makes sense). The other was okay, so I am guessing it was a faulty lens. Maybe you had a faulty one>
# 19
Tom_Jones
Old 01-02-2011, 5:38 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime2 View Post
I booked and paid for a contact lens consultation, as I wished to purchase better quality lenses. I was given a trial pair of lenses. When I put these on, immediately my vision was seriously blurred. Nonetheless, (pre-empting the optometrist’s comment that I’d not given the lenses a chance) the next day I wore these lenses again and my vision was still blurred. One week later, when I saw the optometrist again, I told her that I suspected the lenses must have been wrongly packaged. She told me that I was just not compatible with the lenses and told me I had to revert to use of my old type of lenses.

When I returned to the store to order more supplies of my old type of lenses, another member of staff asked what had happened with my trial lenses. I explained and she told me that the optometrist I had seen was wrong to tell me to revert to my old type of lenses and should have explored other lens options, since there are a range of lenses they can offer. For this reason, I was offered a follow-up appointment and was informed that this would be at no extra cost.

I was seen by someone else at the follow-up. I requested that I try the same type of trial lenses again since I suspect the first pair was faulty/ incorrectly packaged. The woman was reluctant to offer the same type (she insisted these lenses were incompatible) but I insisted I have these. She agreed. I was right – the lenses were comfortable!

However, the staff failed to offer me a follow-up appointment (I sensed because I disagreed with their diagnosis). I decided I had had enough of this poor service and tried to buy lenses from elsewhere but they wanted a contact lens prescription. Specsavers refuse to give me this prescription as I’ve not completed a full contact lens consultation. They want me to buy a pair of lenses to trial before they are willing to give me a prescription. However, I do not see it fair that I be penalised for the first trial pair being faulty and for the staff’s failure to book me in for a follow-up. I would like to get a refund as I did not get the service I paid for.
You need to go to specsavers to be able to read this a bit small

Specsavers like Kwik fit are one of about five companies I'd love to see go bankrupt, awful firm.

Last edited by Tom_Jones; 01-02-2011 at 5:43 PM.
# 20
jodiie
Old 11-02-2011, 1:30 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Contact details

Their head office telephone number is 08452020241

This is were customer service dept can be contacted.

Good luck all you will need it with these bunch of unhelpfully idiots.