Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    John_the_Boy
    Best Type of Fire Surround for a Multifuel Stove
    • 22nd Jan 11, 8:53 PM
    Best Type of Fire Surround for a Multifuel Stove 22nd Jan 11 at 8:53 PM
    Hi all,

Planning to open up my fireplace (in a reasonably modern house) to create a small inglenook for a multifuel stove. Getting very confused with internet advice re what is the best type of surround for a stove and the best material to line the inglenook with. So I though I would ask for ideas from those of you with stoves already installed.

A brick surround wouldn't suit the room so I guess that leaves marble, stone (such as limestone) and wood. Are there any drawbacks with these, such as smoke staining the limestone and greater clearance needed for a wood surround?

Re lining the inglenook, I know I can use fireboard but am not sure what other materials are best to use (my wife doesn't like the look of fireboard on its own ) so am looking for ideas please.

Appreciate the help.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,621Posts Today

6,639Users online

Martin's Twitter