Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    belisha-beacon
    What to do, empty gas bottles
    • 22nd Jan 11, 6:01 PM
    What to do, empty gas bottles 22nd Jan 11 at 6:01 PM
    We have recently bought a house and have moved in to find four or five large gas bottles/canisters in our garden. Obviously we could cause a stink and try and get the vendor to take them since they were not part of the house that we were buying but to be honest it's probably easier to sort it out ourselves. However, I have no idea how to go about this. Not even sure if this is the right bit of the forum!

I'm presuming that these are empty because they don't feel too heavy, but I'm not sure how to tell. There are no contact details that I can see on any of the canisters, some look fairly old. Since they are pretty substantial, I'm guessing that gas companies may collect these up for free, or would I have to contact someone (who?) and pay them to take them away safely? Any advice?

I'm happy for this to be moved to another forum if there is one that is better suited!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,929Posts Today

9,362Users online

Martin's Twitter