Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Hallmark Removed?
    • 15th Jan 11, 7:31 PM
    Hallmark Removed? 15th Jan 11 at 7:31 PM
    Not quite sure what to do about this problem - in fact I'm not even sure it is a problem, but I'm upset.

Basically, my partner bought me an engagement ring for Christmas. Totally unexpected, beautiful ring, on cloud nine blah blah blah. Except it was slightly too small, so had to go back to the shop to be made slightly (2 sizes) larger.

I was supposed to pick it up today, but they called and said that when they polished out the inside of the ring after making it larger, they accidently removed the hallmark. So now I have to wait an extra 10 days for it to be resent to the Assay office to be remarked.

The jeweller have totally admitted fault and the extra hallmarking is not going to cost us anything.

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? It just seems so bizarre - and of course I'm upset about having to wait another 10 days!
    The people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind
    Getting married 19th August 2011 to a lovely, lovely man :-)
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

273Posts Today

969Users online

Martin's Twitter