Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 1st Jan 11, 10:21 AM
    • 12,639Posts
    • 40,109Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Free Clinique Mascara for trading in an old one
    • 1st Jan 11, 10:21 AM
    0 WOW
    Free Clinique Mascara for trading in an old one 1st Jan 11 at 10:21 AM
    Thanks to patsmith for posting on the grabbit board

Free Clinique Mascara
    Take your old mascara to Debenhams 17-30 January and you'll receive free deluxe mascara.

I appreciate that you would have had to buy a mascara beforehand but for people that have got an old one knocking around its a freebie!! Also if you got the free Boots one that I posted on here a while ago then its totally free
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 1
    • cmills16
    • By cmills16 1st Jan 11, 11:53 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    cmills16
    • 1st Jan 11, 11:53 AM
    • 1st Jan 11, 11:53 AM
    Thanks for posting this - can I ask does the old mascara need to be a Clinque mascara?

Many thanks
    £707.70/ £11,000 - Make 11,000 in 2011 Challenge
    Only £10,303.30 to go!
    5 free films 2010
    Christmas 2011 fund - £24
    • The Old Bag
    • By The Old Bag 1st Jan 11, 12:54 PM
    • 4,551 Posts
    • 22,193 Thanks
    The Old Bag
    • 1st Jan 11, 12:54 PM
    • 1st Jan 11, 12:54 PM
    Thanks for posting this - can I ask does the old mascara need to be a Clinque mascara?

Many thanks
    Originally posted by cmills16
    Clinique had a similar offer a few months ago - they accepted ANY old Mascara. I managed to pick a few up from the clinique counter in Boots. It was a small sample size - but very good quality I must say, and 2 different types to chose from ( I managed to get one of each )
    It would be much more convenient if this is happening at ALL Clinique counters, as Debenhams stores are not all that 'common' as Boots.

I still have a couple of old mascaras in my hand bag from the previous "exchange" so it would be a good idea to keep at least one old mascara a the back of a drawer somewhere for when these types of offer comes around again.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 1st Jan 11, 1:14 PM
    • 12,639 Posts
    • 40,109 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 1st Jan 11, 1:14 PM
    • 1st Jan 11, 1:14 PM

Many thanks
    Originally posted by cmills16
    No, I am going to take in a grubby old Avon one.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • podperson
    • By podperson 2nd Jan 11, 6:35 PM
    • 3,061 Posts
    • 7,908 Thanks
    podperson
    • 2nd Jan 11, 6:35 PM
    • 2nd Jan 11, 6:35 PM
    They were doing this a few months ago and they were taking any old mascara, I had some tatty samples in the back of the cupboard that they took and I think some people were buying cheap ones from the pound shop - they are only sample size ones but quite nice.
  • MsBubu
    • 11th Jan 11, 1:50 PM
    • 11th Jan 11, 1:50 PM
    I got two last time they had this offer in Boots. I was asking my family at Christmas for old Mascaras, I have 4 now to exchange Maybe 5 if I can take an old Clinique one!
    • jackstini
    • By jackstini 12th Jan 11, 11:38 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    jackstini
    • 12th Jan 11, 11:38 AM
    • 12th Jan 11, 11:38 AM
    Are you limited to 1 at each Debenhams counter does anyone know?
  • MsBubu
    • 12th Jan 11, 12:08 PM
    • 12th Jan 11, 12:08 PM
    Well I dont know for Debenhams, but at Boots last time, they werent even checking if you put an old one in the bin, and they had a display with the new sample ones... So I think its pretty much the honnor system I guess, as long as you exchange one for one...
    • sassyblue
    • By sassyblue 12th Jan 11, 12:39 PM
    • 3,195 Posts
    • 8,094 Thanks
    sassyblue
    • 12th Jan 11, 12:39 PM
    • 12th Jan 11, 12:39 PM
    Just make sure you get the right day MSE'rs l was at a Clinique counter this morning people were taking mascaras in today thinking this offer is already on 'because Martin Lewis's site says it' .

Op's post say 17-30th January

Last edited by sassyblue; 12-01-2011 at 12:58 PM.
    Always overpaying on mortgage.

Happy moneysaving all.

• MsBubu
    Yep couple of days to wait!
  • 0dianas0
    In the first offer we had to print out a voucher and only some Debenham stores had this offer available - I went in Debenham in Bury St Edmunds and could not get the free Clinique mascara

so yah I have my doubts about this one - it will probably be like last time ¬_¬
  • tillytat
    Thanks, have passed this on to family as I don't use make-up.
  • stacey_bee
    Are Boots doing this aswell or is it only Debenhams? Also is the deal limited to one per person as I have loads of old mascaras!
  • basak19
    thanks for posting i have loads of old mascaras
    • pixie__girlie
    • By pixie__girlie 12th Jan 11, 9:54 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 4,553 Thanks
    pixie__girlie
    Just make sure you get the right day MSE'rs l was at a Clinique counter this morning people were taking mascaras in today thinking this offer is already on 'because Martin Lewis's site says it' .

Op's post say 17-30th January

Originally posted by sassyblue
    I was a bit over zealous and was asking my local Clinique lady to gimme the free mascara today, whoops! Gotta be patient
  • ShauntheSheep
    Debenhams in Sutton had the offer today, but I didn't have an old mascara with me. Luckily Superdrug have beauty products -Mua/Moa??? for £1 so I went and bought one of their mascaras and exchanged it for a Clinique sample.
  • Mandles
    I just got one too. So it started today. You just have to take you old one in and tell them what make it was. Mine was so faded i had no idea!
  • mooneill
    Just been to Debenhams in Chester & the lady at the Clinique counter knows nothing about this offer!
  • SilverCo
    Received my freebie lunchtime - High Lengths Mascara! Sales lady didn't seem too pleased as I didn't want to buy anything, but hey ho!!

Thanks sarah1972!

Silver x
    1st LBM 21.12.09 Total Debt - £21049.95.
    Final LBM 16.8.13 Total Debt - £16583
    DFW Nerd #1282 - Proud to be Dealing with My Debts!
    SPC Member #1182
    • koupon-kween
    • By koupon-kween 17th Jan 11, 4:35 PM
    • 339 Posts
    • 1,188 Thanks
    koupon-kween
    I got the same one today from Canterbury Debenhams first thing and a lady was ahead of me already swapping too so I don't think they will last long!
    I swapped the Tesco 'Barbara Daly' one that came free with the Tesco beauty survey which didn't really work for me so nice to get a different one to try! :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,433Posts Today

7,242Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin