Playmobil Quality gone down the pan!

Options
I am really really annoyed and upset about the recent poor quality of Playmobil toys, in that those I have purchased recently have had parts missing.

The first one I purchased for my son in October, it was a carry-along castle. There were a couple of bits missing when I assembled it but as they weren't vital I didn't do anything about it.

Well now I am fuming. I had saved to buy him the Playmobile Plane for Christmas. He love Planes and had been on about this one for ages.

It is pretty big and cost me £50 so was his main present. Imagine how disappointed he was on Christmas Day when we tried to put it together and there were 12 pieces missing!!!:eek: Now these weren'y just small pieces, these included the piece that fits the front wheel on, all four of the engines, the tail fin which comes in two parts both missing, and some internal fittings. With the front wheel missing he couldn't play with it! He was devasted as you can imagine. The box was sealed so it's not as if these things had gone missing in transit and they were pretty big pieces too!

Has anyone else had any problems with Playmobil? Last time I buy any if it, Lego from now on!!!
MBNA [STRIKE]£2,029[/STRIKE] £1,145 Virgin [STRIKE]£8,712[/STRIKE] £7,957 Sainsbury [STRIKE]£6,870[/STRIKE] £5,575 M&S [STRIKE]£10,016[/STRIKE] £9,690 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£11,951[/STRIKE] £11,628 CTC [STRIKE]£7,629[/STRIKE] £6,789 Mortgage £[STRIKE]182,828[/STRIKE] £171,670
LBM Dec12 excl mort 47,207/42,784 Dec13
Excl mortg and CTC 39,578/35,995 Dec13
Incl mortg 230,035/214,454 Dec13

Extra payment a week:this week £0 / YTD£1,457.55

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Its possible the box you bought missed the bit that gives each unit the bits your missing or maybe theres more than 1 unit missing the bits, have you thought of asking the retailer if they have had any back that are missing parts or how about asking playmobil and see if they could send the missing parts, id ask the reatiler first then if no joy id try playmobil
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My son got 7 things by playmobil from myself and family for Christmas. Some large sets, some small, like the fire chiefs car. Of all those there was only a small problem with a pirate ship. A piece hadn't been moulded so it's missing an eyelet. We'd got to almost finishing it before finding out.

Anyway, you can contact playmobil to get parts that are missing, or damaged replaced for free. I can understand your anger though, if a set I'd bought had been missing such a large amount I'd be mad.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Its possible the box you bought missed the bit that gives each unit the bits your missing or maybe theres more than 1 unit missing the bits, have you thought of asking the retailer if they have had any back that are missing parts or how about asking playmobil and see if they could send the missing parts, id ask the reatiler first then if no joy id try playmobil

Having worked in a toy store for 5 years I can count the number of Playmobil complaints on one hand, with 2 fingers lol.

In this instance I'd recommend calling Playmobil rather than returning to the retailer, they are brilliant with missing parts and will get the items sent out to you immediately (possibly with a little something extra).
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Having worked in a toy store for 5 years I can count the number of Playmobil complaints on one hand, with 2 fingers lol.

In this instance I'd recommend calling Playmobil rather than returning to the retailer, they are brilliant with missing parts and will get the items sent out to you immediately (possibly with a little something extra).

i thoguht going to the retailer was the best option since the contract was with them plus i wasnt sure how good playmobil were with stuff like this(dotn remember having any issues when younger you see)

but its good to get a perspective of someone who worked in a shop who sold playmobil
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    i thoguht going to the retailer was the best option since the contract was with them plus i wasnt sure how good playmobil were with stuff like this(dotn remember having any issues when younger you see)

but its good to get a perspective of someone who worked in a shop who sold playmobil

There are a few manufacturers who its easier to go directly too (Mattell is another).
    If you returned to the retailer the chances are they would either call Playmo themselves and get the part sent or just straight exchange. if you go directly to playmobil they will often throw in a little something extra for goodwill.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure