help to fix Canon Pixma MP170 printer please!!

Options
Hello all,
Please can someone help. I have a Canon Pixma MP170 printer that is not very old. I tried to print something yesterday and it came up with the message 'paper jammed - clear paper and press ok to resume'. the problem is that there is no paper jam! I have tried turning the printer off and restarting it - same message appears. I have had a really good look in the paper feeder etc - again same message appears.I have searched the internet for help to no avail and the canon website technical help page is not working properly. Please Please Please can someone help as i have a university essay due in and i am desperate. Thaks in advance for any help.

Comments

• pchelpman
    pchelpman Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    These guys know far more about printers than I do ...

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/

Good luck.

PCH
  • symy@nufc
    Options
    all so try this site http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/
    dont drink and drive:beer: :beer:
    come on the toon!!
  • specsappeal
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions. I got so annoyed with the printer that I started playing around in the maintainance section and don't have the faintest idea what i did but whatever it was it worked!! Am relieved and very pleased. Thanks again!!
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions. I got so annoyed with the printer that I started playing around in the maintainance section and don't have the faintest idea what i did but whatever it was it worked!! Am relieved and very pleased. Thanks again!!

You probably just needed to go through the motions of clearing jammed paper to reset it.

:cool:
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure